(RP QoTW 3) How do you feel a hunger mod (if at all) should be implemented into RP?

Discussion in 'Server Chat / Updates' started by Teddi, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Title says it all.

Keeping in mind that hunger would be a long term effect and possibly persist through server connections.

2. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I already made this Teddi pls go

3. Tubbimora

Tubbimora New Member

AMBITIOUS LOL etc.

In previous iterations of RP, I thought the Hunger Mod was just a nuisance and kind of annoying in the sense that you'd just start dying if you forgot to eat something after half an hour or so.

If Hunger was to be reimplemented, it should only start hurting you after you don't eat anything for like, 2 hours of in game time. Otherwise, it should have other adverse affects, starting with lower stamina (limit sprinting etc.), moving onto having quite little stamina (prevents sprint/jump?) and then start hurting the player. Aim/accuracy with weapons could also be affected by hunger?

I understand that having a Hunger Mod effectively makes food a viable source of income for people selling it, but it can be pretty annoying if you suddenly forget to start eating. An indicator would be nice. Grumbling stomach? :D

4. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

Yes. It opens up jobs for cooks/restaurants. Aka, its room for a way to RP without having to use a gun.

5. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

Eating is for losers, why do I have to stop fapping in the privacy of my own building to have to run outside and buy chinese every 10 minutes

6. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Since houses will probably be instanced and permanent, you could probably get some furniture that can actually do stuff, like a fridge or a stove.

7. Mc Diddles

Mc Diddles <marquee><font size="3" color="blue">Justice Team<

OH GOD I'M STARVING GOT TO GET SOME FUCKING CHINESE QUICK OH FUCK WHERE THE FUCK IS THE COOK AW SHIT I'M ALMOST STARVING TO DEATH AFTER THE 10 MINUITES WHAT THE FUCK OH SHIT RUN RUN RUN.

I like this new "Chinese on dried rice: Third World Starvation" gamemode.

8. Zephyr1551

Zephyr1551 The Slayer of Bob

I don't like Chinese food

9. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

Yes, however veryyy limited "cook jobs" like dependent on server fullness.

10. Teddi

Eejit.

Hunger would be spread out over a long time. Not a ten minute thing.

11. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

Was ist das?

12. Darkrip787

Darkrip787 New Member

You could just order takeout.

13. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

Get the hell out.

loljk.

14. sConed

sConed Member

I agree with Tubbi regarding the way hunger could work.

For the buying/cooking food part, I think cooking should be a sort of skill that progresses as you cook more, but is available to everyone, Basic foods should be available to be cooked/bought by anyone, but only relieve small bits of hunger. As your cooking skill progresses, you should be able to cook better foods that relieve greater amounts of hunger and perhaps even give slight stat boosts. Although, the actual cooking skill should take a while to level, so that only the people willing to put the time into it should be able to use it effectively.

15. Teddi

Well, it wouldn't be something we want something too hard to achive. The idea behind the stats is although you never really see them, you will feel the effects and fruits of doing things that are related to them.

16. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

Well, you wouldn't really have the RP feel without hunger. I mean, it's kinda a base thing, not to mention job security, and a reason for people to actually be chefs (so the job isn't practically useless like in most RP servers), but you shouldn't just all of a sudden come back from a food-run (IRL) to find your character dead from starvation.