(RP Question of the week - Q2) Player versus player abilities

Discussion in 'Server Chat / Updates' started by Teddi, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I've never bought anything from you. Mainly because I could just press F2 and buy whatever.

2. Double Russia

Double Russia New Member

I agree with Whitefang on that current observation.

3. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

Troll aint even hiding his post whoring anymore.

Also, on an more on-topic subject, when's the next question of the week?

4. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quite possibly 7 days after the current one.

5. Darkrip787

Darkrip787 New Member

I dont know if anyone's suggest this before, but what if you make pickpocketing based on a person to person skill ratio. Like, say the pickpockter needs a dexterity/agility/sneak thats 2x higher than the victim's perception.

The item resriction thing makes a lot of sense, perhaps you could limit it to the size of the object? I could see someone taking a wad of cash from someone's back pocket, whereas i doubt anyone could pull off taking a small tv out of someone's backpack. Plus it would add to the need for banks and bankers, so people could just store their money in a bank, and you could develop a whole system around bank accounts and checks and such so that people dont have to carry around massive amounts of money all the time. Just sayin.

6. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

We already have most of what you suggested there regarding banks implemented. But like I said, I have a way to implement it that I think will work out for everyone.

7. Dan Pyre

Dan Pyre Member

Limit pickpocketing to those who have been effectively mugged. I.E., I have five of my friends and I all use 'fists' on you until you are unconscious, then ONE of us (the first to activate 'pickpocket' tool, or whatever) has a percent chance of picking one item - set the cooldown to around one hour (bigger gangs, more muggings, but then a higher report rate). The more 'rare' an item is, the harder it is to pickpocket (to prevent griefing, you're one lucky S.O.B. if you loot a gun though).

Scenarios:

1. I have four other black people with me hiding in various buildings/corners/desolate playgrounds. I lure the noob white guy from town square over to the slum area claiming to have some rations I can sell him for half price. He unwittingly agrees and we gang rape his ass (with our fists) until he is knocked unconscious. As the group leader I claim pickpocket rights initially, and I steal the noob's starter rations. We all run off and he rages in OOC and later reports us to the cops (assuming we did not kill him after, or hold him hostage [Duct tape and rope as an item, anyone?])

2. The Police force notices that mugging rates are on the rise. They recruit a random white noob on the streets and promise him 1,000 credits if he can weed out the muggers by acting as bait. Police watch from afar as I approach the new white guy and attempt the same scam on him. The police follow far behind and watch as we begin to mug the 2nd white guy. Police move in and brutal shootout occurs or we all get arrested and get to play 'who drops the soap first' in jail.

3. Muggers realize that the Police are onto them, so they set a trap for the police to eliminate their effectiveness. By selling all the rations I've claimed from noobs, I was able to purchase a sniper shipment and arm all of my men (who will certainly be loyal to me after I provide them with high powered rifles as well as targets.) We lure obvious police tail into an alley and gun them down. GET IN THE VAN AND FUCK THE POLICE

So on and so forth. This could be fun ^^

8. Mc Diddles

Mc Diddles <marquee><font size="3" color="blue">Justice Team<

Though that sounds like fun I very much doubt pubs would play along plus I'lld imagine that'll be very hard to code.

Good idea though.

9. Mc Diddles

Mc Diddles <marquee><font size="3" color="blue">Justice Team<

Though that sounds like fun I very much doubt pubs would play along plus I'lld imagine that'll be very hard to code.

Good idea though.