Should you get extra cubes for being in the steam group?

Discussion in 'Server Chat / Updates' started by Teddi, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

You have to be part of the steam group to be platinum?

Maybeh?

Also, i dislike to Post idea, Even if mods delete the posts what was the point in the first place? Those who are active generally have >350 posts meaning in wouldn't change much in activity apart from new people. Who would post in ever thread with a simple "That's nice" May not be a shit post but it's annoying

2. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

yes to all except the post count one, which is maybe.

3. limilim

limilim Active Member

Sums up the thread
    [video=youtube;2jxtHzMOe1w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jxtHzMOe1w[/video]

4. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

It really does limlim.

5. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

I say we should, just to get more publicity.

6. Xandrah2

Xandrah2 Fear me puny humans!

if you're going to do something like that, why not a bonus for people who've been with BB for a certain amount of time, like a year? It's certainly something you can't fake like post counts :p

7. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Just give occasional boosts to the people in the group, like a 5-run 20% cube boost.

8. Cwivey

Cwivey See-wivey!

For the bonus's you get for being in the steam group I say yus. If the posts bonus / hat gets implimented then we may need a system where repeat bad posters can not get the bonus / hat at all.

9. Teddi

Thank you for submitting an actual good idea I hadn't considered.

10. Mc Diddles

Mc Diddles <marquee><font size="3" color="blue">Justice Team<

Well its all down to you teddi. Sure we give feedback, but its your decision that is cannon. I personally dont want the post count stuff, but a reward for remaining active on the fourms would be a good idea.

11. Robert Benson

Robert Benson Ze Captain

Sorry Bundt but I'm also from RP08 and previous to that. I just don't post in every topic, nor do I have enough time for a lot gaming at the moment.

Anyways; I think it would be a good idea to have a bonus for being active on the forums, but as has been stated it could get a bit out of control with the post counts and people attempting to raise their count. I know there's mods and I know they do watch these things, but it could get a little out of hand. That's not to say it's a bad idea, as the posts in Off-Topic don't count already, that limits the amount of places and the topics that people should be posting about by a good deal.

I like Xandrah's idea of giving a boost to the people who have been here for a long time, maybe have it at different mile stones, up the percentage gain. Something around the lines of:

2-months = 2%
    6-months = 5%
    1 year = 10%
    2-years = 20%
    3-years = 25%

and after that it levels out, of course stacking with the platinum gain (up to you really), and any of the above numbers can be changed to what you think. I'm just trying to flesh out an idea or expand it a little bit. If you want to use the group as a feature to raise the cube gain, I would try to figure out a way to distinguish people who will join just for that, or join and actually pay attention and participate in the events that go on, I don't know if that's exactly what you're wanting to do, but either way I think it would be a nice idea to try out.

12. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Yes, I think cube percentages would work well based on how long you've been with BB. It will encourage people to stick with the community just for the next levels. Maybe it could be looked at as a system of respect.

13. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

But this isn't about me, i've got 400 posts because i look at forum every hour or so. I just think it wouldn't benefit the forums.

14. Mc Diddles

[​IMG]every day.

I'm pretty sure everyone's post count would double if off-topic posts where allowed. But back ontopic it really should be time wise, not post count wise.

15. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

Your point?

16. Mc Diddles

420, a date where potheads smoke weed for the whole day.

But as I said, I would much rather have Robert's system then post counts.

17. Teddi

I've added the % for being in the steam group, but it won't be live until next update.

I'm thinking for forum based rewards, that you have had to be a member for a specific time and have x posts. This means two things. You can't just sign up to the forums and go wahey, lets wait a (for example) month to get (another example, an extreme one at that) 50% cube bonus!

It also (helps) prevents the situation of the x post problem. Hey, lets post spam 500x to get my 150% cube bonus!

It helps encourage a person to stick around for a while, whilst (hopefully) posting something decent. So it means that really do contribute will get properly rewarded.

18. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

Well that solves my argument. Well played.

19. Mc Diddles

Thats better.