[SUGGESTION] Silver Idea.

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Lightning, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Lightning

Lightning Active Member MVP

This just crossed my mind and i discussed it with a couple of people and it seemed it was a good idea.
    I thought maybe we could have a system for people who cant pay $15 for platinum to have a lower rank system like silver or something for $5 or $10 for people who can afford that but not $15 dollars.

I understand you have /tryplat but people i can see get saddened that after 2 weeks they want plat but cant pay or afford it. Why not make a lower system with less abilites but donate to the server for fun.

Silver options.
    1. 10% increase (or none) in cubes
    2. Is not reserved or always behind platinum players reserved spots.
    3. Isnt immune to Afk (maybe can, is your choice)
    4. Does Not get chat spam power
    5. maybe gets like a 50% chance to get 2 votes or less than 50%
    6. In Deathrun (mainly) gets jump but not speed (again you can switch or change this)
    7. 1 or 2 player models (Maybe or probably none depending on price)
    8. Gets only a couple of colors. (or none probably depending on the price like $10 or $8 probably)
    9. No trails
    10. Equitment slots (1 extra or both or none depending on price)
    11. Voice thing (idk what this is i think u meant discord idk?)

Hope this is a good idea but i know we are always open to ideas cya and goodbye
    -Lightning (helped by NOBODY BUT NEVER)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  2. NeverReady

NeverReady [BB] Admin Admin

I didn't discuss ALL that, but I did agree with a slightly cheaper/edited version of plat. (Lightning throwing my name out there, smh)
    We also talked about, what if someone didn't want all the plat bonuses but, for example wanted all of the deathrun boosts a plat would get. Maybe that could be something as it's own little package for a set price.

x9nine and Lightning like this.
  3. Lightning

i thought it would be nice thing to do ok never OK! jk but i was just meaning supported by not all written by I just said helped i believe. Also the deathrun stuff would be a good idea maybe a $5 package for deathrun users only like "Haxxxx package"

4. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

This is something we discuss every now and then, although has never been added. Often referred to as "Gold" or "Silver", it'd be either a cheaper price $5-$10 one off payment, or a few $ a month. We never worked out the exact perks they'd have, but it's something Teddi is interested in adding, as he knows not everyone is willing to commit $15 to a community (although we appreciate everyone that does!)

NeverReady and Lightning like this.
  5. Lightning

Appsolutely I almost couldnt pay the $15 I had to search through Freaking couches for pete sake. I'm glas this is on the list of things because I really want everyone to have a chance at the whole platinum type deal or something like that because i know people are always like "how did u get the color can i have it, i want trails, Bonuses in cubes can i have that, new plarmodels ooooo you know." thanks.

NeverReady and Kaiden like this.
  6. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Pretty much this, it's a topic that tends to crop every other month given that we know quite a few people can't / don't want to invest the $15 and we've been exploring it for a while. Initially before Platinum returned as it did we were exploring an a la carte style subscription whereby you chose exactly what you wanted and you'd only pay for that. However the amount of work, coupled with the attention span (people want the perks now, not after checking what each one does) made us realise that it wasn't quite sustainable.

However that said, having one time $15 donations isn't sustainable either as there's only a finite number of players who play Garrysmod, so to give some insight the next donation membership will likely have the following things -

- $5 for 30 days, no obligation to re-donate beyond the 30 days but perks would be lost.
    - Doesn't get kicked for Platinum Members, but equally does not gain a reserved slot
    - Lower cube bonus (20-35%, not adjusted yet)
    - Either trails or custom model availability

And other things we haven't worked out yet. Typically this is the part of the conversation we get stuck on because we want to provide optimal value; however we also don't want to intrude on Platinum perks either.

x9nine, NeverReady and Lightning like this.