So what would you like to see in RP?

Discussion in 'Server Chat / Updates' started by Teddi, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

[/QUOTE]

Well what you've said is interesting, but they wouldn't quite be enough so i've elaborated on them to give them a bit more depth.

I agree with this, but no suspect is going to stand still when being arrested and freezing them whilst tying them up isn't exactly fair in an RP scenario. Comprimising is one thing but outright powergaming (ie to own all the power) in a situation is too much and isn't really right. There needs to be a way, without being knocked out to tie someone up. That said (oh go spoliers) police would be going around in at least teams of two. That's how police tend to work in RL in most areas and it proves effective, so I suppose some form of "holding" with a chance to break free can be implemented at a later date.

At this point the suspect no longer has access to their inventory "If its still in the script" their currently equiped items, or any /pm or outward calling ability to prevent them from fighting back or calling backup if they are arrested,they can still talk and shout, just no calling on their magic cellphones, if a friend was nearby they can easily call for backup or try to defend the suspect if they wish[/quote]

I agree with the former, however clearly if they're carrying weapons actively then they'll be removed, and they may be possibly searched back at base if they're suspected of carrying more contraband (eg drugs, hey whitefang, we should implement stripsearches olol). /pm is long gone so there is no chance to go /pm HALP PIGS GOT ME. But I agree with the last part of your sentence.

The problem with this is the distance they may have to "walk" back to prison. Ideally we'd want policecars and a way to force the arrested into the car. I can't think of an easy way at the moment but I suppose we can devise something. However the time wouldn't start until the player is in there and just to notify everyone, the minimum time in jail is an hour and a half (for now). This is to be a deterrant so idiots don't think they can get away with 5 minute captures. If you do something bad, it's like a ban. It's to cool you down and to warn you not to do it again (even if it's in an RP sense). Heck, maybe you can do some jail shower time ;).

As for the release, ideally there'll be a clark on hand to let you out, but I can forsee maybe ending up having to script something to auto let players out

You gave me a spurt of inspiration here, and I think if we could get a map that has jail similar to that of the ship, that opens up so much more chances to RP, instead of just standing in some pokey box.

2. Mc Diddles

Mc Diddles <marquee><font size="3" color="blue">Justice Team<

A way to break out of jail that requires a person on the outside smuggling in a cake containing a gun and key. FUCK THE POLICE.

3. Teddi

A quick query. What would be everyones opinion on that if the headshot was the finishing blow, the character would be perma-killed?

4. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

What if officers carried mace / pepper spray to distort the criminal so they can't really fight back whilst being arrested?

5. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

I wouldn't mind, I don't think it'd appeal to most people. I'd say make a poll in another thread.

6. Teddi

Myself and Whitefang have already worked something out in this respect.

7. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

To spoil that:

8. BlackDog

BlackDog FUMUKU, shall rise again

Eh, i just dislike perma death in anycase, just leaves to much open to a DMer to totaly ruin somones day, soon as they find out they can just shoot somone in the head to basicly erase their char you can bet one is gona take the time to geta gun, some ammo, and plan out the best way to kill as many people as possable in as short a time before he is banned.

Maybe if the headshot kill reduced skills due to brain damage? After all, not everyone shot in the head dies, Arizona is proof of that much.

9. limilim

limilim Active Member

A paramedic class, when someone is critically wounded they dial 9-11 on the phone which informs them of their locations. Then a countdown timer would start. As the timer goes their, their chances of being revived decreases. When they get revived they get teleported to the hospital where a portion of their wallet gets deducted which goes to the paramedics that saved his life.
    Also dying should be a punishment also. Say the paramedics don't come in time to save you. All the money and items currently in their inventory gets erased. This would encourage people to use the banks more rather than have $100,000 in their wallet.

10. Teddi

The last lol is a lie.

Apart from you can't just grab a gun anymore and choose to go shoot some people up.

11. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

What if there are no paramedics online?

What if they're elsewhere?

And I think we were already doing the erase thing.

12. BlackDog

Still, just dont like the idea of permadeath, well least if what you mean is the character your playing as is erased from the server, or is it just an inventory loss?

13. Teddi

Permadeath locks the character indefinately, meaning you cannot spawn as it or delete it.

14. Mc Diddles

Mc Diddles <marquee><font size="3" color="blue">Justice Team<

I just read your quote whitefang. Hah, try a few miles more.

As for the thread a release date would be nice. I'lld rather you release what you have now and then go on to update it further down the line.

15. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

I'd like to see just a basic script with basic RPing elements up to get us started. Then move to these heavy duty ideas we're giving.

16. Ashman

Ashman Member

isnt there a limit on 3 characters? so 3 permadeaths and your completely locked out and cant play, or am i missing something

17. BlackDog

Blagh, then yea thats the thing i just cant stand,also isnt it a bit redundent then to lock a char and make it so you cannot become them again, and make it so you cant delete it? Its like a double kick to the nuts.

I say leave out permadeath until a poll is taken on the matter, both reasons for it and against it taken before a vote is counted

18. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Lock outs or "perma deaths" sound like something from serious RP.

19. BlackDog

Sounds like it, im all for serious RP, but you gota draw a line between Hardcore and Fun, to me being shot in the head and loosing the character that ive spent months and months building up is not fun, if anything that just makes me turn the game off and walk away.

Inventory loss though im A-OK with as long as it does not apply to stored items in a dropbox or bank or somthing. Just what you are carrying

20. Teddi

I'll talk with Kaiden and Whitefang (together, so both of you best be up at the same hour when discussing this) about a release of a basic script, or if we'd rather go with a full launch (I'm in favour of a full launch though). There's still quite a bit to do.

It's nice to see a bit of combative feedback (was what I was looking for) and yeah, I'm not actually going to go ahead with headshot-PK. Permakills exist for the more hardcore users (or for me to kill off people I don't particuarly like). They'll only be used when required and yes they are designed to be a kick in the nuts although I may change that in the future.

At the moment when you die, you're defined as "Dead" for 15 minutes. This has two key objectives. A) To prevent someone running back to collect what they've lost (assuming we go down that path) and B) to allow the player to calm down after they've died. Like I've said before, Death is something that won't be playing a key part in this script as much as it does in other scripts. It will still be possible to die, but the likelyhood of it are dramatically reduced.

A third possible option is that during those 15 minutes, you can be resuscitated. However personally I would rather have the character lockout possibly extend up to an hour, but again that's just me (or I may do it dependant on how you die).

Also, I'm on vent at the moment (as I usually am), so you can come ask me questions if you'd like based on it.