[ACCEPTED] Spectating Glitch

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by eth9n, May 23, 2016.

1. eth9n

eth9n [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

2. Fishy

Fishy Member

The same bug can be reproduced by restarting your time trial (!r) while spectating someone and going in to third person (c) (Or the other way around, been a while since I've done it). I'm not sure if this applies to the instance where someone disconnects, but if you spectate someone else and then do /spec or /unspectate, it will continue working as intended.

Until Teddi manages to fix the multiple bugs with spectate (and maybe disabling item rendering for spectators pls), this should work as a quick-fix for anyone experiencing the bug.

3. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

The last update should have featured a change to the spec system to disable item rendering. I'll get it looked at and see if I can iron out all the remaining bugs (eg spectating a disconnected player is meant to respawn you).

4. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Yeah disabling auras especially would help, everyone complains when they spectate me they can't see unless 3rd person.

5. Killermon

Killermon Hammer time!

Fixed, should properly put you back after a disconnect. Using !r (or it its many aliases) will now kick you out of spectate and put you back to the beginning.

6. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

The patches haven't been applied yet, but will be soon once some other changes are final. Both @eth9n and @Fishy will receive the monitored hat for this.