STALKER

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Doomsday, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Doomsday

Doomsday New Member

I've noticed recently a craze for the game STALKER is rising, a lot of people on my SF are playing it. So I just thought this would be a perfect opportunity to point out that there is an extremely excellent movie as well by the same name that is very beautiful and highly acclaimed by critics in Russia as it was made during a very time tested period of that country.

The movie exceeds in many ways, it is pure eye candy to look at.

STALKER the movie

I also suggest reading the book "Roadside Picknick" which is also very revolutionary for its time.

Both the movie and the book speak of the Zone in ways we do not know it, so be open to a bit of change in the STALKER canon compared to the game.

2. Sasafrasquatch7

Sasafrasquatch7 Member

You should read Luliby by Chuck Poluhniuk I think that's how it's spelled, you'd probably like it or so it seems.

3. Robert Benson

Robert Benson Ze Captain

I just finished watching it from when you sent me the link earlier. I must say, It is actually one of the better movies I have seen lately (Others being Iron Man, Indy Jones, Hulk) and although it is old, don't make that turn you away, it's a good movie. ;D

I'll be checking out the book the next time I'm at Borders or something, see if they have it. I'm always for a good read.

4. [BR]Brandon Roberts

[BR]Brandon Roberts New Member

i'm still reading CHuck Norris Right now... Also I see Evander as a threat to me. Chuck *Chuck uses His Chin Fist to knock out Evander* Okay

5. Tubbimora

Tubbimora New Member

Wait, wtf does that even mean?

/facepalm (as Waffles would say)

I'll check out the movie later. STALKER sounds good though.

6. Corran

Corran Active Member

Yeah, if I have spare time, I'm SO watching that.