Suggestions for Privateer

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Joey Skylynx, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joey Skylynx

Joey Skylynx Minister of Propaganda

Currency
    One thing which has plagued Privateer even when it was only runned on Karolis's server is the fact that their never was any form of pacing to the gamemode, and as such their never was any interest to keep playing the gamemode. At the moment, SGC Naval Play is only kept alive primarily because of nostalgia, but also because they have currency which limits what players can do in the gamemode, and adds a sense of an endgame.

My first suggestion for this thread is to add some form of currency in order to slow-down the pace of the gamemode in order to get people to stay a little longer, and to enjoy the gamemode a little more. Several things can be done in order to have some form of meaning for currency, but overall simply having it for E-Peening would vastly improve Privateer.

Crews and Teamwork
    In the early development of Privateer, cannons has at first required another player to be on your boat, lighting the fuse for the cannons to engage another boat in combat. This type of thing also existed in SGC's Naval Play in 2008, where players were encouraged to go onto another player's boat and load the cannons, and fire them for another player. This type of teamwork has never been fully realized by either Privateer or Naval Play, as it was seen as "requiring to much effort" on part of the players.

Fully disagreeing with this, I find myself remembering how much fun it was to have a captain call down on myself and another player to light the fuses on the right broadside on his order. It brought a feeling of teamwork and entertainment that I had not seen for many years, and made me wonder if this system would ever be fully adapted into Privateer, as a way to allow players who couldn't build a way to enjoy the gamemode as well.

The suggestion I'd like to suggest is bringing back some method of teamwork for players who are not the best builders or who do not have the best grip on how to fully enjoy the gamemode. This could be as simple as making cannons have 55% less cooldown when a player shoots them over the captain firing broadsides, or having a different set of weapons that could be used for something like boarding an enemy vessel. Possibly a grapple-hook, sword, and explosive barrel. It's up to whoever will develop for Privateer, but as long as they add a way for crews to become viable and useful for boat vs boat combat, we'll encourage newer players to stay on the server.

2. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Isn't happening at the moment, but locked for future reference, just in case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.