[SUGGESTION] Surf cubes Improvements suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Alora, May 11, 2018.

1. Alora

Alora New Member

As the title says here are some suggestions (which I dunno if they've been suggested before, sorry if they have >M<) for some cubes, which will make it easier for new surfers to get cubes,

1. Some maps are extremely easy, like h2s (aka How 2 Surf) gives around 1.5k for no increase for just completion
    Then you got forbidden ways which gives 750 for no increase for just completion, which takes a bit more effort for new players to complete

2. Add a complete+ bonus, or basically, give like 100 cubes for completing say h2s while on kitsune 2 it'll be a little bit more like 250 cubes for completing again because it's harder than h2s

3. Bonus complete cubes.

Lightning likes this.
  2. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Yeah some maps I agree are probably a bit low. Generally I don't think players would enjoy doing constant runs just to earn cubes, but they'd feel obliged to maximize cube intake. I'd like for bonuses to award cubes though, the idea is for Bonuses to have seperate times as well, but don't think Teddi has time to implement it.

Players can ofc either donate for Plat or join Discord to get extra cubes though (or just donate for cubes themselves), and additionally players get around 3-5 crates worth 400k each a week. More experienced surfers can also join Hard to get additional cubes from there.

I'm not opposed to raising the lowest awarding maps by 10% or so though, any map giving <1k should really be rounded up to 1k. I believe the lower cube amounts were imposed following a cube inflation that has since plateaued thanks to i.e. normalizing seasonal rewards.

Lightning likes this.
  3. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Usually every so often we do a balancing pass on Cubes and re-evaluate the worth of each map, however newer maps also tend to gain higher value to incentivise playing them them (there's quite a bit to this that i'm skipping, but it's interesting to see). We're probably due this anyhow given upcoming changes with crafting.

As for replayable Cubes it's something that's been toyed with a few times in development; but we never really find it worthwhile and it seems to lead to either a) a feeling that you need to do this to maximise Cube profit and b) it leads to faster burnout which isn't good for the player or ourselves.

As for Bonuses - it's something that's being looked in to. Bonuses have some interesting systems that could be built around them and it's something we want to bring more to the forefront; but it's a case of the best way of doing this that makes it fun for the player. Whether or not this will have the player earning Cubes remains to be seen (currently crates are being looked at as rewards in this space).

Lightning likes this.
  4. Lightning

Lightning Active Member MVP

I honestly have too say i quite like these ideas. Now i dont want this too get out of hand and turn into every good player gets 1 million each week or day that isnt fun and would turn just like into the human world were you would have to raise the prices on items. It would be nice to see you get more money the more you complete it but as teddi said it would lead too burnout and this isnt what we want. Surfing itself is a lot of fun but players also surf too get cubes and gain faster. Thats why im always the one begging for deathrun >:) but i feel your ideas could be worked out some way to make the cubes for it a little easier since it took awhile for me to reach my first mill when i was first playing it took idk a month or something like that (keep in mind i was bad) and as we know i played every day. But hope we can see something like this take off.