[FIXED] Surf_Depths End Zone Issue

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Jr6150, Jul 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jr6150

Jr6150 [BB] Admin Admin

Tonight Goober and I were trying to complete the map surf_depths on the hard server. I successfully completed the map, hitting the end zone and recorded a time and such. I then spectated Goober and watched him go through the map, as you would. The map is finished through a series of drops, ending in a vertical chute that opens into a large cavern. In my experience, the end zone was right before hitting the large cavern opening. Unfortunately for Goober, when he fell down through the chute the end zone didn't trigger and he was stuck in the cavern with no way out, or any way to restart at the stage 3 checkpoint. Because of this, he had to restart from the beginning of the map. I'm not sure if he got really unlucky and just went through a small gap in the zoning, or if there is a bigger issue with the zone itself. While Goober was able to finish the map later, it would really suck for any opportunist player to beat the map but have to restart due to missing the end zone. I don't know much about zoning, but I know they're usually cubical in nature, so I'm not sure if there is anything you guys can do, but I definitely felt that it was something that you should be made aware of. The attached pic is of the something in the bottom cavern, it was the best pic we took before he got reset to stage 1.

Thanks!

Jr

Attached Files:

NeverReady, Malachi and Kaiden like this.
  2. Malachi

Malachi Member MVP

I was pretty sad to see that i had to restart. :(

3. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

It sounds like a zoning issue for the end of map, it should be an easy enough fix so will get it checked out. You're right in that it's often cubes that define zones, so making the zone larger wouldn't be a problem.

Malachi likes this.
  4. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Provided Teddi with updated zone ending, once you exit the chute and start falling to the cavern you should always trigger it now.

Malachi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.