[SUGGESTION] Swords as an item

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Chase, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Chase

Chase [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

I was looking at the arm/hands items and didn't seem to see any sword / weapon-like items besides a mace and an axe. There are a few different ways a sword can go.

1: A katana sword and sheath. The sword in one hand and sheath on your hip. Colors can change the handle of the sword and the color of the sheath.

2: A neon sword. Maybe glows and paint changes the color of the glow, not the whole sword itself self if possible.

3: A Lightsaber. Same as the neon sword, the paint would change the glow of the sword. Not the whole thing.

2. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

This is mostly intentional; the mace/axe are more recent additions as they don't look like usable weapons, but we want to avoid anything that looks like an actual knife you can use/swing, so as to not give impression there's !knives in the game. Same reason we don't have gun props outside of on your back.

This works 2-fold, in that those looking for a knife-free server aren't put off by seeing lots of melee weapons, and it helps stop the torrent of !knife spam if they see 1 player holding one.

I think if they're straight up swords can probably get away with it, looks like there's a few in TF2 worth exploring;

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Sword

3. Chase

Chase [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

That sword looks nice too. But I see your reasoning. Okay, what about a sheath then? Would that be do-able?

4. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Sheath is likely fine, we could probably get away with oversized swords (e.g. scimitars) but what Kaiden said is otherwise bang on the money.