The German Way of Things Part 1. This is your Pilot Speaking

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Chuck Norris, May 4, 2008.

1. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris New Member

The German Way of Things
    Part 1
    This is Your Pilot Speaking
    By: Gaines H.

Well, I had learned about a foreign exchange stundent program in school. Taking only 2 years of German, I figured I might as well. Since it would count as 5 extra credit points. For my school system thats a huge ammount of extra credit.

I told my mom, and she said no. I considered maybe a little sucking up would be in order, fail. I eventually offered my help in her future toystore she would be buying. After 2 months of heart wrenching work, I got her approval. It almost felt like I was getting her permission to get married.

I began to pack with my mother at my side or behind me lerking over my shoulder. The feeling made me nervous, and with only 1 week left to pack I felt it essential to do this alone. Well, I did. And I failed, miserably. I had her back over my shoulder and at my side helping me. I put up with the frequent "Pack some more toothpaste Gaines." When I was done, I found myself a lot more satified with my 'work of art.'

We ate out the night before I left, I insisted on eating casual. My brother, insisted on eating at McDonalds or some ugly fastfood 'resort.' That was his defenition of fancy. But my mom had plans to fit us nicely. She took us over to Mr. K's A burger joing fit for the king. Now, I don't mean that they had wall paper made of gold, a fountian that looks like a baby taking a piss, or waiters that came and took your order. Instead it was just a local food place. They had counter servers that in a way delivered your food, but they didn't come and serve you.

Mr. K's was a burger joint. They also had the best soft served icecream I have tasted that they dipped into chocolate sauce that almost immedialty when taken out turned solid. We ate, talked about finances, activities, and the occassional "How was your day" came along.

The next day I woke up 30 minutes later then I had wished. I needed to keep things moving if I wanted to make the flight. I checked the clock, 6:15. My plane left at 10:30. Now, that may seem like a long time, but it wasn't. Not at all.

I took a shower. Checked my E-mail. Ate a little breakfast served with coffee. Then I remember something huge, the plane ride was a long flight. My mom said "You'll sleep." My Brother added "On that noisey peice of junk, hah." I grabbed my Ipod mini, I looked at it and it said full charge so I put it in my pocket. I looked for headphones, I grabbed a really old pair. Next I got my camera, and essential piece to my trip. Finally, I got an extra pair of batteries and my nintendo DS and it's charger.

I got into the car, and realized I forgot my cell phone. Quickly I jumped out of the car and got it with-out saying a word to my mom when she asked what I was doing. On the way over there I charged my phone in the car port used to light cigarettes.

When we arrived at the airport I approached the security. I had my bags and my carry-ons ready. Suddenly I remembered I needed my ticket. As fast as I turned around my mom was holding it infront of me. It's almost as if she suspected me to forget.

Before I got in line I hugged my mom, then my brother. Saying "I love you" to each of them. I went through the security. They made me take off my shoes. They don't care about age anymore, to them anyone is a threat.

After I looked for my gate. I found it along with my friends who were also going with the same program. We chatted and they all told stories of there way here and how frantic their morning was.

We boarded the plane. Sadly we had coach seats. Cramped I got in next to this older women 22-I soon learned. She was nice to me, she talked about her job she was getting in Germany, it was a teacher for this gifted school for the blind.

After around 10 minutes of waiting I heard a voice come on the load speaker

"Hello"

"This is your pilot speaking."

Part two coming soon, I need to finish some things before I post it. The reason for me writing this is because I have to do this to prove I went and gained something to get the extra credit. Ugh. Agh. Gr. Well, it works with English too because I have to write a non-fiction(TRUE) event in our life where we left home. How lucky.

-Thanks.
    -Chuck.

2. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

Interesting. ;)

3. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris New Member

Do you like it?

4. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

Yes.

5. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris New Member

Woohoo, whoa, wtf why is my name red?

I need to ask Teddi or Ben.

6. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris New Member

Please Post your replies :-D

7. Tubbimora

Tubbimora New Member

Rofl, its like a Novel XD

8. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris New Member

My Teacher said it had to be a long detailed event line.