The YouTube thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CrystalCastles, Jul 6, 2016.

1. CrystalCastles

CrystalCastles Active Member

I'm not sure if there's already a YouTube thread, but most the threads are old as fuck anyway so I figured I'd just start a new one. I'm really interested in what kind of stuff you guys watch on YouTube. So feel free to post what channels you like, maybe share a video as an example and just anything YouTube related. We could also use this thread as a place to discuss channels that we like, share our own channels etc. I'll start off by listing some of my top favorite YouTubers:

AVGN (Angry Video Game Nerd):
    I've been watching him for years now and thanks to him I know so many things about old consoles and games that I never would have been interested in otherwise.

JonTron:
    Jon is just a really likeable guy in my opinion and his retro game reviews are hilarious. He's also good friends with Ethan from h3h3 so that helps lol.

h3h3productions:
    h3h3 is what got me into commentary channels beyond gaming. Ethan is a really funny guy with a great and quirky personality and I've found myself binge watching his videos on a few occasions.

idubbbztv:
    Ian is crazy as hell, anyone who watches his videos knows that, but he's also quite smart and he isn't afraid to say what is on his mind. He is a self proclaimed nigger faggot. His kickstarter crap series is one of my favorites on YouTube.

I'll leave it at that for now but I hope to see what you guys are into soon. ^,^

Kaiden likes this.
  2. 12max345

12max345 Member

I created this as a guide, so to speak for the map ace.

3. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

I'm not really subbed to anyone at the moment, people keep recommending various tech/gaming people, but I guess it's preference ultimately. Would be cool to see some links to some of the better ones.

4. CrystalCastles

I've been watching less gaming/tech channels lately but I am a total nerd lol. Learning about older tech and gaming is super interesting to me. But I've been watching a lot of filthy frank lately more than anything and I don't know why I got hooked on him. I guess it's mostly because of his anti pc nature as I've really been hating the whole sensitization of the internet lately and watching stuff like that reminds me that not everyone is a big pussy.

5. CrystalCastles

And good job on the video max, though you should probably have added in some explanation of what you were doing to help new players understand better but it does work as a guide to see where you should be looking as you surf. Nonetheless, keep doing stuff like that as there aren't many good guides for surfing. It's always "hold a and d." You should mention important mechanics in your next one such as: in a right turn keep holding down d until you hit the next ramp and THEN hold a. Example: orange on rookie. Another would be to press the opposite button if you feel you're about to smash into a ramp. But yeah, there should definitely be more in depth tutorials for surf.

6. Kaiden

Will take a look!

One of my favorite videos (nothing really to watch, but it's on Youtube sooo) from a while back was Yahtzee's reading of The Eye or Argon. I'm sure others have read it better, but I found it hilarious.

Back story for people that don't know, a truly terrible story written by some kid who thought it was amazing and distributed it. Later on he claimed he "made it bad on purpose", but everyone knows it was just terrible 15 year old writing. Often considered one of the worst fantasy stories of all time.

7. RaZoRaK

RaZoRaK Active Member

Some of my favorite Youtubers are Filthy Frank and his crew, Pyrocynical, YourMovieSucks, I Hate Everything, H3H3, Jontron, AngryJoeShow, GradeAUnderA, LEMMiNO, NFKRZ, ReviewTechUSA, and a lot more. As you could tell, I watch a lot of different Youtubers.

CrystalCastles likes this.
  8. 12max345

12max345 Member

It was more of just showing players how to do the map rather then teaching them how to surf.

CrystalCastles likes this.
  9. CrystalCastles

I watch nearly every single one of those lol. Frank is my favorite at the moment with all of the lore and shit. I just didn't mention him in my original comment because I would have filled it up with why I watch him lmao.

10. eth9n

eth9n [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

This is the only video I ever watch when I hop on youtube. ;)

RaZoRaK, CrystalCastles and Kaiden like this.
  11. Kaiden

nice self promotion omg

eth9n likes this.