[NOT A BUG] Unable to download maps from server

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Mhymyk, Aug 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mhymyk

Mhymyk New Member

Apologies for being such a fresh account, I've played on the t1-3 server for quite awhile, and started playing again here recently. I've been having an issue to where I can't seem to download the map while connecting to the server, I first noticed this when the map rotated. I get the "missing map/mapname.bsp, disconnecting" error, and I've tried various tips to fix it, and I've reinstalled twice. I tried following a guide, but still to no avail. Is there a workshop addon for this server, or is there any possible fix that I can apply to hopefully start playing again?

2. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

All maps can be found at http://speedy.bbroleplay.co.uk/maps/ , however it seems to me you've likely got an issue where other content (CS:GO etc) might be affecting your copy of the game; it's an issue we've seen more and more of recently.
    A few things that are worth trying - ensure that only CS:S and HL2 are mounted (as shown below, make sure anything else is unticked) and that "cl_downloadfilter" in your console is set to "all".

[​IMG]

3. Mhymyk

Mhymyk New Member

Having only HL2 and CSS mounted didn't seem to help, but thanks for the link of all the maps.

4. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

You could in theory download all the surf_ and dump them in your maps folder, but doesn't really solve the issue long term; is it on any server or just ours? Have you got an workshop addons causing issues maybe, if you've completely uninstalled Gmod make sure to clear out any remaining temp/directories as well.

Teddi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.