Update 16

Discussion in 'BBase' started by Teddi, Jun 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

I'm still working on more things, but this is just a "done" list and is currently live.

• Removed the "chat options" box in player stats. I'm not currently sure what this will be changed to
    • Added a convar check for acc linking to see if the forum module is enabled or not
    • Platinum now syncs correctly.
    • New grand spanking area system is now in place. It now uses sources natural trigger system and means that areas will now always work (and much better).
    • Amen 2 is now out! The system allows the following:
    • A player can now be muted for a lengh of time.
    • A player can have their ability to gain cubes removed for a length of time. (Will be implemented within the next day or so, I forgot to commit it before this announcement)
    • As usual the ban system has remained.
    • Permanant bans now have a little humourous feeling to them
    • Because of the new ban system and I'm a nice person, all prior bans are now undone (apart from one or two people)
    • If you're using cheats / hacks that we aim to detect and you still own them, you'll automatically be banned again.
    • The Ban system now logs every punishment against you, including kicks and their reasons. This is intended so Admins can decide better in situations.
    • Admins can now look up a players name / user ID in game to ensure what they're typing is correct first.
    • The UI for Amen2 has been completely redone and is somewhat more fluid.
    • Players can trade cubes again
    • The Ban / punishment system is now handled purely by Amen.
    • Platinum / Sub Admin time reductions for bans are now Hardcoded into Amen (2 days / 2880 minutes)
      • Admins get a command to override the time reductions for bans.
    • Total played times in the customize area now works out the amount of time you've played.
    • Trails are now correctly removed on death.
    • Fixed the new creation function attempting to escape names via the forum object instead of the standard server object
    • Added BB.WMsg() ("Warning messages that will also appear in error logs")
    • Fixed entites that weren't players having damage / death sounds.
    • Fixed some retarded forum code that clearly shows I shouldn't code when tired.
    • A bunch of other fixes / changes I forgot to log / didn't consider large enough to include.

2. Cwivey

Cwivey See-wivey!

Mmm....amen interface, how I missed you!

3. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

Er... Dumbo?

4. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

What.

5. Teddi

He's unbanned as well.

6. flash31939

flash31939 Nightmare Sub Admin

YAY DUMBO IS UNBANNED!!!! Too bad I deleted her from my friends list a long time ago so now I can't tell her. :(

7. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

what

8. Ashman

Ashman Member

im not even going to pretend to know who that is...

also what john said

9. Teddi

Dumbo was a person whom I allowed to become Admin against my better judgement. After revoking it he basically threw his toys out of the pram and attempted to spam the forum etc.

10. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

And failed, then attempted a revolution on [BB] which obviously wouldn't work considering that a person with only user rights can't do much to/on the forum or severs. Kind of a weird guy (yes Flash, guy, and I never saw you around then on the forums or servers?), but regardless, just curious, who is still banned then?

11. Xandrah2

Xandrah2 Fear me puny humans!

I can think of a couple people, Noobie, Raging, the people who probably won't even be coming back anyway.

Edit: Oh, and the malicious hackers like Kudo probably.

12. Teddi

I only decided to keep one person. I still have the old table with all the old bans in so I can pull anyone I want from it at any time. The other punishments are with the new system (and that are currently active).

Have a small image from the new system that lets Admins view bans in game.
    [​IMG]

13. Overlord

Overlord lolz to can't say @dmin

As there is a punishment list, I was wondering if we could have the black list on another menu on 2 amen, I bet I got around 13 blacklisted people (I dunno you said 100 black listed people), I would'nt mind viewing who I black listed and my reasons for them to maybe give them another chance, Also know the dates when I black listed them.

If someone crys bitching like please gimmie a chance, if that person who was'nt black listed by me I'd ignore the person knowing it was'nt in my power to black list him.

14. Ashman

Ashman Member

if you do that, put it in the bbuild mod menu so people who are only mods can access it

15. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Yeah blacklists will be added soon hopefully.

16. Teddi

Just to give a small insights to how blacklisting works-

• Unlike the way I store punishments, Blacklisting just modifies two fields in a row in the database (that players row).
    • One is the rank, the other is the reasons.
    • I only store the player who blacklists and their reason. I don't store date / time / what rank they were promoted to.
    • Blacklisting is not supposed to be a deterrent. If a person is caught being abusive, the idea is they're blacklisted and that's that.
    • Just to reiterate, it is not a warning system.
    • If a person is blacklisted, you shouldn't unblacklist them at all. Odds are they were blacklisted for a very good reason. If they want to appeal it, they appeal it on the forums.

As of recently the system hasnt been working because it hasn't been used as it was intended. Yes I'm working on adding it so mods can see a users reasons. I wasn't planning on giving access via Amen2 apart from the chance to possibly view their current rank. However I'm not planning to make it a core feature of Amen2 (or even try to put it in) because Blacklisting is purely BBuild.

17. flash31939

flash31939 Nightmare Sub Admin

King Cole I was most definetly around when Dumbo was here. Heck I was here back when RP had it's last year of being up and running. Theres alot you don't know about me. The reason you didn't see me around the forums was because I was a little shy at first. And Dumbo and I used to talk on Steam. I remember when Dumbo and Bundt would mimic eachothers names. I especially liked it when they were messing around with Rice Cakes in their names. I even remember when people used to talk about the Rice Bots clan. Ah those were all good times. I even had fun on the survival server.

18. sConed

sConed Member

Just to verify, I do remember flash from quite a while ago. His steam name was never flash though, it always was/is Nightmare, if you remember that instead.

19. Teddi

I don't recall nightmare from RP, but that's just me.

20. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

Yeah i remember him

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.