What is Valve thinking? They surely can't be serious...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tubbimora, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

The fact it was given at the MS press conference means something is up. Like I said, Valve do their own conferences.

The music was hillybilly. Twing Thwong Yee Haw, with a horde. I've seen all the special infected and looking at them visually, there's a notable difference. Hunters were designed to be dark, realistic, the new infected look TF2ish, have different shaders (again TF2 ish) and the shots seem to have been done not with the source recorder.

And Valve didn't do a conference.. so yeah :/

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

In the end, if this does become a reality, it's not that it's so soon that it's being released, it's just the shattered promises of way more campaigns etc. In six months, they've did minor bug fixes, added no new guns, added one new map and one new gamemode. These "16 new maps" was 1 new map and 15 redone for survival maps.

And lets not even get started on the sdk.

2. Robert Benson

Robert Benson Ze Captain

SDK is slated for release shortly after E3, yes I'm aware it was promised way before and continued to be over and over again. I also don't think you've seen "all" the special infected :p as The Charger was the only new one that was told about.

The idea of this being a DLC is still floating around in my head, but until they say something I'm sticking with it being a retail game.

3. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

The charger is the Boss Infected.

4. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Cpf features in the second game;

[​IMG]

5. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Oh god run!

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Incendiary ammo makes it kinda cheap and unrealistic

6. limilim

limilim Active Member

7. Dan

Dan Active Member

Yes you figured it out of great master mind. Valve has spent time creating an elaborate hoax rather than release updates for games because they know that gamers hate bug fixes and new content.

8. Robert Benson

Robert Benson Ze Captain

To bad the "hoax" isn't a hoax :p In a recent interview with Doug Lombardi and Chet, it's said that it will have a full price, price tag.

http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=1138

9. Zeke

This looks more like an expansion pack than a full game. Valve has been releasing tons of updates for TF2 constantly and it costs less than half the price of left 4 dead. You would figure that the original retail price was worth it since valve would release as many updates as they did for TF2. But now come 1-year from the release they are expecting us to pay for what was supposed to be the updates in L4D1.

Valve is starting to turn into EA

10. Zephyr1551

Zephyr1551 The Slayer of Bob

I would have prefered if they took out the time L4D was out to work on it and make it better, rather then releasing a sequel not even a year later

---------- Post added at 03:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 AM ----------

Also, the difference between valve and EA is that when valve releases L4D2 its not gonna suck like most of EAs titles

11. limilim

limilim Active Member

Well I'm definitely not gonna get L4d 2. Its between crysis 2, Splinter cell convictions and assassin's creed 2

12. Robert Benson

Robert Benson Ze Captain

I'm gonna buy Boderlands in October and L4D 2 in November. The rest of the games I want can wait for christmas/my bday. xD

13. Tubbimora

Tubbimora New Member

It looks EXACTLY THE SAME.

Jesus, they could have just put all of this in a DLC Pack and added it on.

14. Zeke

Whatever, just can't wait for Forza 3.

15. Robert Benson

Robert Benson Ze Captain

Me either Zeke. Apparently they're adding a shit-ton of new features, not to mention an engine upgrade so now cars can actually be involved in roll-over crashes etc.

16. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

Crackdown 2 anyone?

17. Sleepydragn1

Sleepydragn1 Serious Business Since 08

It looks good, it's just the trailer (at least the one I saw on G4) looked vague as hell.

BTW: Anyone else think we're getting off topic =P

18. Robert Benson

Robert Benson Ze Captain

Yes, I wantz.

On Topic: What else is there to talk about in L4D 2? we've posted and covered every single bit of news released, and they haven't given anything more. If this does stay open however, i'll update it whenever something is release xD

19. Tubbimora

Tubbimora New Member

Crackdown 1 was surprisingly fun, so I'll plan on getting number 2 sometime.

20. BlackDog

BlackDog FUMUKU, shall rise again

CD1 was really fun, nothing beats throwing an old china man off the tallest building in the city "Freakishly enough i beat the game in a single sitdown, meaning i when i took the CD out, i had already beaten it, i beat the damn game in the first day i had it!

Not that i didnt after that mess around with all the cool stuff they released after, get agency hit squads and mod hitsquads after me and just blow the hell out of them all with max explosive skill.

The ending was crap though i think, nothing even led you to think all that was going on.

Hopefully CD2 gives some insight as to just why the guy who loved to make fun of you when you were in pain suddenly wanted to be evil "Not like he wasnt already :mad:"

Presenting Awsome Cracks Down!
    With all honesty, you cant say this isnt what you did the moment they let you off the island

[youtube]wDookN0tT20[/youtube]

"Also the easter egg from the movie on newgrounds"

[youtube]4TjAisjYaV8[/youtube]