World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Gaming and Tech' started by Zephyr1551, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yes. When can you stop playing WoW and start working on RP?

2. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

I'm not playing it at the moment.

3. Robert Benson

Robert Benson Ze Captain

Check out the Gamescom videos on Gametrailers.com there's a 9 part video series, PVP doesn't look like it'll be the only great part.

Anyway, nice screenshots Teddi, love that we can finally fly in the old areas.

4. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

WoW is unrivalled in the MMO market, anyone who disagrees is wrong, perhaps if there were other games which were at the same standard it'd be possible to play something else, but basically every other MMO I've tried has nothing on WoW, and that's mainly because of their experience in the industry, exceptions are like Eve, but that's only because they differ so massively. But we'll see what DC universe and the new star wars ones are like.

also wow is 4 fags xDDDD

5. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

I personally can't wait for the new Star Wars, and to this day, I'm tempted to reactivate my old City of Heroes account, But I don't have the cash at the moment.

6. Kaiden

City of heroes was fun, they should just make it free tbh now they have champions online.

7. John Brown

Yea but Champions Online sucks.

8. Kaiden

It was ok, the character creation was awesome and I liked the wide range of travel powers/abilities, the levelling has grown boring around level 20 though and PvP is just filled with people doing teleport whenever you're near death and reseting/people putting points into all the defence stuff so they'll never die >_<.

9. Teddi

Sounds quite unbalanced

10. John Brown

If your talking about Champions Online, yea, City of Heroes is pretty balanced imo.

11. Teddi

CoH (from the trial I played) seemed pretty good actually. It just appears that the lack of advertising sort of kept it from getting popular.

12. John Brown

It's picking back up with the new expansion being released (Going Rogue) I played a trial account yesterday with some friends and some of the servers usually close to empty we're at average and the 2 popular server (Freedom & Virtue) are practically full.

13. Kaiden

CoH isn't user friendly at all though, I got to 20 or so again and still new not a lot about the game, the auction house and stuff was just confusing for the most part, and the economy seems completely screwed, apparently there's so much money around people are willing to buy simple things for massive amounts of money, was awesome when one of the half decent upgrade things dropped, you'd have enough money for a long time.

14. Zephyr1551

Zephyr1551 The Slayer of Bob

I played Warhammer Online, the PvP was 50 billion times better then anything WoW can do. However WoW has been out longer and its more polished.