Zimmerman Trial: George Zimmerman found NOT GUILTY

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Teddi, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Source - Orlando Sentinel

I've kept up with the case because it seems to be one mostly ran by politics, and not whether or not he's innocent. How has it been fairing for you Americans with all the media coverage and so on?

2. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

People are mad, as expected.

I honestly hate that this trial got politicized over the fact that people first thought that Zimmerman was white (he's mexican) and Trayvon was black so it was the typical 'hate crime' case. The media gets views and ad revenue because when you fuel something with racism it causes anger and makes people want to know more, and so they get more coverage and more views and more money. The fact that we are talking about it is exactly what they want.

The fact that Al Sharpton thinks hes the leader of the "black army" and holds a rally for Trayvon because he was black and only because he was black polarizing the masses to the "Black/Trayvon" side and the "White/Zimmerman" side (even though hes mexican) makes me feel great that hes crying about the defeat. He is the real monster in this case, pinning blacks against whites for no reason at all other than to get the news corporations more money.

Regardless of the outcome, Zimmerman found not guilty isn't going to change the fact that he will be a wanted man for basically the rest of his life. I think hes planning on suing some media companies for blowing the case out of hand.

Nobody knows what happened, and in the United States you are innocent until proven guilty and the prosecution simply lacked evidence.

This kind of stuff urks me. People die everyday from real murderers that walk free and there's no national media coverage for that. People are fools if they care about this one case to be honest. They'll care about this instead of hundreds of people dying in war in the Middle East or starving in Africa. It's very hypocritical.

John Brown likes this.
  3. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

Just another over-hyped crime because one side of the story was black; it shouldn't of even been mentioned more than once.

Roverrider likes this.
  4. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Are you sure he's going to be affected for the rest of his life? The Casey Anthony case is arguably so much more worse yet that appears for the most part (at least from an outsiders standpoint) to be forgotten about.

I agree it was way overhyped and shouldn't have been reported like this, but in the end do you think it's swayed people that much to also want to get Zimmerman?

5. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Did follow this story; the coverage was pretty massive. The Wiki article isn't too bad either for a summary. No evidence to suggest it wasn't self defence so guess that's that really.

Roverrider likes this.