A little about me.

Discussion in 'The Door' started by Deleted member 2821, Jan 29, 2013.

1. So I realized I came into your wonderful community pretty quickly, and you guys don't really know much about my background (my introduction thread was skimpy on the bio) so I thought I'd explain here if anyone is interested.

My name is David, (as a few members of the mumble crew recently found out) and I love to game and listen to music.
    I'm relatively introverted until I get relatively comfortable around someone.
    Or until I don't sleep for a while.
    [sarcasm] Then I become loads of fun [/sarcasm]
    I found your TTT server by joining the one with the lowest ping to try out TTT, a gamemode I had never played.
    I loved it. Not just the gamemode, or just the server, but the community behind it as well.
    I frequent mumble since it was recently accessible from mobile, as I didn't have a working mic until recently.
    I love games such as Garry's Mod, Minecraft, the Elder Scrolls games (the old ones are the best) and pretty much any game that is fun/interesting.
    Two things I love more than games are music and writing.
    I enjoy a large variety of music. Pretty much anything that sounds good I'll listen to.
    About the writing:
    I am not a fan of creative writing (which is another way to say I can't be creative for shit), though I thoroughly many different types of prose writing.
    I enjoy analyzing pieces of literature and other things, I enjoy debates, and I enjoy language just in general.
    My all-time favorite authors is Friedrich Nietzsche.
    He is my favorite philosopher and author ever.
    I forget to mention the fact that I enjoy reading and learning new things about philosophies, and seeing what other people believe and perceive things to be, even if i don't think the same way.
    My overall plan in life career-wise is to one day (hopefully not to far off from now) earn a PsyD, and become a psychiatrist.
    More specifically in the cognitive and perceptual studies.
    Due to some recent (and not so recent) happenings in my life I needed a place that I could go and just keep my mind off of everything and have fun.
    Your community has provided me with exactly that.
    From relationship issues, social issues and a laundry-list of health problems (some VERY serious), the last few months/years have been gradually tougher.
    If anyone wants to know some details about any of those, don't hesitate to PM me on here, or add me on steam.
    (My steam ID is mhbates65, by the way.)
    As I was saying, your community and the members of it provide me sort of a safe haven, and just a fun place to be.
    Blah blah, sappy shit.
    But it's true. It's a great community and I want to thank you guys for having so warmly accepted me into it.
    I hope to play with as many of you guys as possible, and I hope there are many good times to come.
    Cheers.

(None of the post icons fit, so I went with "News." Not very fitting but it's better than "Dumb" or "Explicit" :p)

2. Elk

Elk ecology enthusiast

Oh and you're undoubtedly my long-lost brother, or at least cousin. You forgot that one.
    :3

3. Sneaks

Sneaks Member

i found the server the same way x.x

4. Oh, yes.
    Elk and I are siblings, and my favorite past times are distilling moonshine and NASCAR.

5. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Elk is now redneck.

6. Sneaks

Sneaks Member

gimme sum dat moonshine

7. dudecall

dudecall Member

awesome dude i still have yet to do this and i might myself, its nice to know a bit more as i see you on ttt and enjoy playing games with you. Welcome!

8. Elk

Elk ecology enthusiast

My mum used to be a NASCAR and country music fanatic...
    *sob*

9. candle jack

candle jack New Member

Hurry back Guitar :<

10. It's in yer blud.
    Mmmm.

Trust me, I want to be back as soon as possible :L