A very very old member returning

Discussion in 'The Door' started by Akito, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Akito

Akito New Member

Hi guys, I'm Denzo, or Akito, as my RP name used to be.
    I haven't logged in in a very, very, very long time, as my registration date confirms.
    For a couple of days, GMOD RP seems to be on my mind and I recalled that I enjoyed to play on a server called [BB] a lot when I was younger, and that I had many friends there. I also recalled being admin on there in a far far begone time, but that isn't confirmed on the wiki at this time :p

Unforntunately, I think I might have forgotten all of you.

If anyone could update me a bit in how GMOD RP has changed over 2 or 3 years, and perhaps help me recalling some of my friends here, that would be great :)

With kind regards,

Akito

2. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Hey, I can't remember you personally but welcome back. In short, RP08 is probably what you played, which eventually turned into Serious RP IIRC. That failed and then the shift was taken towards RP09, an updated RP08. That failed as well due to competition from other servers and some other stuff. In between that though the community shifted towards Deathrun and other gametypes and got a large following for quite a while on DR and TTT servers.

Now a days the servers are pretty quiet bar scheduled events, although on random nights the numbers can get high on certain servers for some unknown reason. There's an RP server in the works but no beta testing yet so remains to be seen when we'll see that around!

http://bbroleplay.co.uk/devblog/

3. Akito

Akito New Member

Hey there, thanks for the warm welcome. I think I indeed lastly played RP08, but not much. I mostly remember the olden days when there wasn't much scripting, just common sense and your imagination, so I missed out on a lot it seems. Currently trying to join the RP server that's online now, but it's gonna take a while to download :p

4. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Long time no see Akito, I do recall you being on the admin team however I think it was as a sub admin though.

What Kaiden has said is pretty much correct. In 2008-end of 09 we went through various changes with Ben leaving, various drama and other things. We don't have a Roleplay server rolling at the moment but we do hope to change that in the near future.

Roleplay as a whole has changed in the years you've been gone, it's no longer about some form of action packed combined with common sense. Instead you have your typical DarkRP server which is effectively buy money printer, sit on it until you have enough money and then buy a gun to kill people. Literally that's it. You also have "HL2RP" which is where you basically /me everything and fuck all ever happens. At the moment we're working on a new script which we aim to have 100% done by the summer which we hope will bring the experience of [BB]RP back in an updated and enjoyable form.

5. Zephyr1551

Zephyr1551 The Slayer of Bob

Old member returning, welcome back!

6. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Welcome back, don't remember you personally though.

7. Akito

Akito New Member

Once again, thanks for all the replies. I guess you'll see me appearing on one of the other BB servers sometime then :)

8. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

I remember seeing your name back in the old server, welcome back and enjoy your stay!

9. Cwivey

Cwivey See-wivey!

10. Akito

Akito New Member

Well, I mostly remember Ben (ofcourse :p), Biff Johnston, CrazyDanUK, Exuvae, Gene Hunt (i think), Kurdt Cobain, Maxy, Teddi, Tim Rogers and Waddy, and perhaps more, but I haven't got the greatest memory :p

11. Zephyr1551

Zephyr1551 The Slayer of Bob

Most of the people you mentioned have left

12. Akito

Akito New Member

I was aware of that :p

13. death lion

death lion Member

Welcome back!

14. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

In fact all but one has! RIP Biff. I also liked Waddy.

EDIT: Teddi my avatar wtf.

15. Teddi

And someone else who frequently lurks!

16. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

I wouldn't say Biff has left, I would say hes waiting for RP, like many others.

On another note, RP will never come out.

17. Teddi

Sooner Garry fixes the dedicated servers and releases GM13 the sooner we can get the beta wrapped up and rolling.

18. Sleepydragn1

Sleepydragn1 Serious Business Since 08

Welcome back.