[BUG] AFK Players on DR

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Kaiden, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Seems to be an issue on DR atm with AFK players. Whenever I'm playing (and significantly noticed today), there's multiple AFK players at the end of each round.

If an admin isn't on to Slay the players I'm not sure what happens, I guess everyone has to wait 2-3 minutes for the round to end. Teddi said due to rounds being won, and afk players "winning" and then respawning, it's resetting their AFK timers.

There should be some kind of system to check if there's any player input itself, rather than the round system moving them, and if they're not moving for 2 minutes, send them to spectate.

Otherwise it's probably the most disruptive thing on DR atm, and would be nice to have a fix. While some maps kill AFK players after 1-2 minutes, there's plenty on the server that don't. Either adding some kind of function like that to the maps, or improving the AFK system would be great.

CrystalCastles and Fishy like this.
  2. Killermon

Killermon Hammer time!

Will be fixed next update (Which will probably be tonight).
    AFK players can now safely be slayed, killed or moved without their timer being reset.
    The AFK time is now much more aggressive as well.

The current system took into account player input as a measure, but also took into account their position and angles - removed the latter two criteria now.

3. Killermon

Killermon Hammer time!

Okay, should now be on the server following nexet map change. AFK timer is set to a somewhat aggressive 3 minutes.

NeverReady and Kaiden like this.