Americas Army 3.0

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Havoc, Jun 10, 2009.

1. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

Darkrip said it sucked.

I myself have not had the chance to launch it yet, Due to me being busy with other things. I'll give my input later.

2. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

The game doesn't even want to run for me, it just freezes on startup.

Sucks ass. Complete kick in the balls to the America's Army series.

3. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yeah, don't bother.

4. BlackDog

BlackDog FUMUKU, shall rise again

Its not what i expected from the last one i played.

The last one i played had parashute missions, spec ops dark missions, and all kinds of stuff, better training exercises.

I had loads of fun with that one, but the buggyness of this one on release is a bad sign, also bad design in other areas, it says you failed the training, the training session had about 8 different parts, and yet it wouldnt ever tell you what you failed, currently its failing me at 95% .

Ill give it a chance later but for now, it needs ALOT of fixing. Also the fact the majority of people your playing with act like retards and rather than actualy play the game, sit and bitch about how bad it is, and how it was a waste of tax money, gets old very fast.

As well as this little interesting quote i saw "The day after the release of America's Army 3, the entire development team was fired and the game's development was moved to another office, after the game being launched in an unplayable state"

5. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

I saw that quote, and lol'd quite hard.

6. John M Stanson

John M Stanson Kargov rules

You need unreal to play AA 3?

7. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

8. John M Stanson

John M Stanson Kargov rules

Ok, I'll try to download it and see if it works..

9. Biff Johnston

Biff Johnston <MARQUEE><h1 style="color:Green">[BB] Grand Master

"The American Army has closed their publicly-staffed America's Army 3 development studio one day after the free-to-play action-recruitment-sim was launched on Steam. According to Shacknews, development will continue in an office somewhere in Redstone, Alabama, presumably under complete military control (rumours persisted throughout AA3's development of internal discourse, with several high-profile, long-term staffers departing under mysterious circumstances):
    "This consolidation will allow us to gain efficiencies between our public and government applications," the representative explained. " We appreciate all the hard work that every member of the America's Army team has contributed to the project, and we look forward to delivering future America's Army game releases in the months ahead."
    As for the game itself, the launch has been less than fantastic. "

10. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"We shall play the America's Army game to learn the tactics of the infidels!"

11. BlackDog

BlackDog FUMUKU, shall rise again

So theyl learn how to rush the enemy with little regard for anything aroundthem, complain to eachother and call the guy who has a high voice a fag, and then shoot eachother...top notch, theyl also probably smash their computers when they fail a test with 95%, of which im still getting on my friggen tests in the game and it continues to fail me

12. Cwivey

Cwivey See-wivey!

Thank sweet bejeebuz or whoever they released a patch fixing all of the problems people were going on about!! :yay:

http://store.steampowered.com/news/

• Removed apparent lag caused by other players entering or leaving a server
    • Improved start of round spawn issues
    • Resolved problem with training results not saving
    • Improved communication with Authentication server
    • Eliminated freezing up when moving from one training mission to another
    • Cleared up hesitation during training missions
    • Significantly reduce number of authentication transactions between player and Authentication server
    • Solved achievements save and display problems
    • Improved Login communication with Authentication server
    • Improved player statistics tracking for better accuracy
    • Improved overall performance

Glad I decided to stick with this game to wait fo' this much needed release! :3

13. The Jerry

The Jerry Active Member

dling nao

14. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

US Army confirms squad behind free-to-play armed-conflict simulator has been let go, future updates shifted to Redstone Arsenal, Alabama outfit.

Earlier this week, the US Army released its latest iteration of its free-to-play recruitment tool, America's Army 3 for the PC. The launch, however, has been fraught with issues, with public representatives for the project saying that "due to this massive number of simultaneous connections, we're having some trouble keeping up with the demand."

One place the Army isn't likely to get help in resolving those issues is from the Emeryville, California-based team that developed the project. A representative for America's Army 3 confirmed for GameSpot today that the development team was discharged from the project, with all future endeavors shifted to an outfit working out of Redstone Arsenal, Alabama.

"The contractor team at Emeryville was responsible for completing work on our first release of the America’s Army 3 game," the US Army said in a statement. "That work was completed on 16 June and our game launched on 17 June. With that milestone complete, we are consolidating our development efforts at Redstone Arsenal, Alabama."

"In 2005, we established the America's Army program office at Redstone Arsenal to oversee development of both the public game and government applications of America’s Army 3," the statement continued. "Since that time, we have grown the team at Redstone to manage our contractor team in Emeryville and expand use of the game within the government. By consolidating operations at Redstone, we expect to gain additional efficiencies between our public and government applications."

The America's Army 3 representative did not indicate how many employees were affected by the transition, saying only that future game content will continue to be released in the coming months.

From Gamespot.com