Android Tablets vs. iPad

Discussion in 'Gaming and Tech' started by King Cole, Sep 11, 2011.

1. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

So, I got a Motorola Xoom at the start of the summer, and love it ten times more than the iPad that I've had for a year or so now. It's nice being OFFERED the option to load custom imgs onto the device with out having to go through the entire manufacturer-disapproved process of jailbreaking. Besides that, the tablet just feels nicer. Especially when you can overclcock that nice processor in there (try doing that on an iPad). Anyone else tried any of the Android tablets or the iPad 1/2 and want to give their opinions? I'm especially curious about the Toshiba Thrive.

2. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

I've used an iPad 1 / 2 at the apple store before and they feel just like an iPod albeit smaller and rather eh. I've not had a chance mind to use an android tablet although I do own a Galaxy S (i9000).

3. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

I find tablets useless. They are basically big smartphones, and if you are willing to pay the price for one just get a $250 netbook.

4. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Android just because it's not Apple, haven't really used any so can't judge.

5. Overlord

Overlord lolz to can't say @dmin

Nintendo 3DS beats everything!?! :V#

(back to subject)

I got a ipod and I love it. I dunno much about the Andriod Tablets sorry. But the Ipad has a camera built in if I remember... I dunno... lol.

6. Zephyr1551

Zephyr1551 The Slayer of Bob

I own the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 its awesome I like it much more then Apple's iPad.

I have used the iPad and my parents own 2 of them, while Apple's OS feels smoother and a lot better made, it doesn't do anything different then an iPod touch or an iPhone, that's what bores me about the iPad.

With android there is a TON more to do and a lot more customization, though it feels like it was made by a ragtag group of devs.

In the end both tabs have their ups and downs. Personally I would choose an android tablet but thats just me

7. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Android tablets would be superior...but I agree, would never buy one over a laptop. Although I did win a Nook Color for free so I hacked that into an Android and that suits me just fine when I'm bored.

8. King Cole

King Cole Active Member