APB Reloaded

Discussion in 'Gaming and Tech' started by Bundt, May 7, 2011.

1. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

Open beta comes out the 18th, a few of my friends are in the closed beta right now and are loving it. This is a recruitment thread for all who want to play, post username etc. we will be ENFORCERS since criminals missions and shit is way unbalanced, and also we all need to get sirens on our car and roam the city, it's the greatest. Will post more info when the open beta actually comes out. JWB sConed Kite and myself are the only people that are playing the closed and know want to play the open.

This game is F2P, but you are somewhat limited with decals and customization as a F2P player, the pricing plan hasn't been established yet, but P2P players only advantage is more customization.

Thoughts?

2. sConed

sConed Member

P2P also gets money/exp faster.

I'm loving the game so far, but it's apparent that there is no balancing/matchmaking whatsoever. It seems to just put you up against random people, regardless of skill or weapons.
    The only other complaint I really have is that you can't see your own bullet trails, which makes it harder to tell if you land a hit or not.

3. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

I'm on the East USA server like the ones above me, Character name: Downfall
    Enforcer.
    And yea sConed, Balancing has been a problem since the game came out with RTW.

4. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

So criminals are unbalanced in the sense of strong or weak?

5. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

I thought it was gonna be micropayments? Rather than free/pay?

Edit: seems im slow on news, it is free with an optional payment optionn. But theyre considering some specially paid items.

6. John Brown

Enforcers get better rewards from missions. Crims get a slower income from missions, etc. Or at least that's what I think.

7. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

Yes John is right, we find enforcers to be much funner and they get exclusive stun guns which can be cheap if used right.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pink chest hair is mandatory

8. sConed

sConed Member

I think Crims get a slower income from missions, but it's extremely easy to farm cash from mugging/stealing cars as a Crim.

9. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

Wait, wasn't this out like a while ago? I played in the closed beta of APB, I don't even know anything about this APB: Reloaded crap stuff, but APB wasn't that great.

10. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

Yes, then its dev Realtime Worlds chapter 9'd because of dumb pricing plan (paying per hour), then GamersFirst took it over and now its rereleasing, If its not your game its not your game, it definitely has flaws, but its still fun.

11. John Brown

APB is ultimately the most fun when playing in a group, Which is why I stalk Bundt and make him play APB with me.

12. sConed

sConed Member

This.

It's easier to laugh and have fun in the game when you're playing with people you know, and it's easier to work together too.

13. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

Hmm, I'll get my crew together and give it a go. Is there some kind of free trial or something?

14. sConed

sConed Member

The game was reworked by GamersFirst and is now free to play.
    There's also going to be an optional subscription for a "Premium" account. It doesn't give a boost to gameplay though, I believe it only lets you gain money/exp faster, and allows you more customization of your character/cars.

Just gotta say though, there's barely any customization for free players. Free players can use 25 primitives per symbol and 5 symbols for cars and each piece of clothing. Premium players get 100 primitives per symbol and 50 symbols per car and each piece of clothing (equal to that of the original APB). At least you can buy items customized by other people and wear them freely, regardless of how much they were customized.

It's in Closed Beta right now, and the Open Beta starts on the 18th.

15. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

Just incase your interested, Open Beta is out.

Anyone on Obeya?

Also i look cooler than all of you :p

[​IMG]

16. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

We are on Joker(US East)
    And your guy looks awful
    [​IMG]

17. John Brown

Me, Bundt, sConed & Kite are on Joker (East).

[​IMG]

Random designs are the best. Especially since its my random designs from old retail.