Create a new world or stay with the current one?

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Teddi, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Effectively if we stay with the current world until we move our far enough we won't get any of the new biomes / features / larger areas. I have no way of specifically saving the world and cutting / pasting isn't ideal. I can however save everyones inventories and if people really want to save it, the nether (although this would cause some issues).

If we move to the new world, everyone loses progress on their buildings etc but it's a fresh start for everyone in what's effectively a larger world.

The server is currently running 1.8 on the current world.

2. Ashman

Ashman Member

new world please, the new big biomes are much better, and give me creative on it please

edit: didnt realise 1.8 had released, thought you meant the pre-release

3. Teddi

Just want to see what Kaiden thinks as well as he and his friend have put plenty of work into it.

I can also back the old world up.

Edit: Nevermind, the current world due to a few changes keeps causing End of Stream errors. I'll back up the current worlds and spawn a new one. If people want the old one then I can readd it.

Oh god the new spawn is in the middle of the sea. Adventure anyone?

4. Teddi

I have more bad news. Due to the way Notch now does player inventories it's now impossible for me to port them straight across. It also seems there's an issue with Chunks in the Nether being loaded.

Update: Regenerated the world again. Spawning in the middle of the Ocean wasn't fun, especially as they're now huge.

5. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Yeah you can reset it, my friends want it done anyway.

6. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[​IMG]

I like what he did with the artstyle.

7. BlackDog

BlackDog FUMUKU, shall rise again

ohhhh purrdy

8. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Sigh, restart I guess. I'll lose like 180 diamonds but it's fine.

9. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Yeah it's done, it's worth it overall and I lost more than anyone from the sheer amount of time put into building the village and castle outside, but a new start is never a bad thing every once in a while and the new world is pretty awesome.

Am building away from the spawn though, might connect it at some point to the stuff being built there atm.

10. Teddi

If I had the ability to transfer profiles over I would. However Notch decided to be clever and tie profiles and positions together meaning I can't move one without the other (unless I attempt to unobsfucate the file and even then I need to work out the new loc).

Also, if people could hold back going into the Nether if possible. It seems that there's a few performance issues regarding it.