Diablo 3: Thoughts

Discussion in 'Gaming and Tech' started by Bundt, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

So if you don't know, Blizzcon is coming up in about a month. Diablo 3 release date is probably going to announced. Many people think that it is going to be released around the holiday for obvious reasons. What are your expectations? Will you buy it? Will you try to make money off of it? Would you buy items? Or will you just play casually not trying to make a profit or buying things with real money? Keep in mind there is a normal auction house like any other game. Here is a video of some gameplay.

[youtube]1oZrJWhKql4[/youtube]

2. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

[​IMG]

I didn't wait this long for no reason.

Edit: Me and some friends also decided that we are going to farm this game like a Chinese gold farming business.

3. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

Count me in, I have a few as well, we need a name.

4. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

The main thing that turns me away from this game as dumb as it sounds is the "Pay real cash to use in Auction House" stuff. You could effectively pay to win and thus the game will once again be overran by botters / farmers trying to sell stuff.

5. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

Or have it be overran by botters / farmers and only the chinese make profit from it from external websites. FYI the game will become inflated as shit in the first week. This is deterring away the Chinese since the profit to time ratio will be shit because everybody can essentially become Chinese, they don't like competition, so they'll stick to other games.

6. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

"We Play This Game So Much For Real Life Money's It Isn't Even Fun Anymore"

Or WPTGSMFRLMIIEFA for short.

7. Teddi

But there isn't anything to deter them inflation or not. All they have to do is stick it through the first week or so and just farm farm farm. Once it all settles down they'll make a huge lump profit because they're able to sell a shitload without dumb prices.

The only proper way to deter them is to have something that is of such value that makes it worth players getting it themselves (See: EVE and ISK - gametime cards).

8. Teddi

But there isn't anything to deter them inflation or not. All they have to do is stick it through the first week or so and just farm farm farm. Once it all settles down they'll make a huge lump profit because they're able to sell a shitload without dumb prices.

The only proper way to deter them is to have something that is of such value that makes it worth players getting it themselves (See: EVE and ISK - gametime cards).

9. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

They should make it so there is only NA paypals allowed and such... they should stick to their own servers.

10. Teddi

So what about the EU players? And many of the farming services themselves are often based in the US these days and they just pay workers in China to do the grinding.

11. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

Well i was obviously referring to the servers I play on, I was going to say and EU paypals, but I figured you would have understood. And doesn't every account need its own paypal?

12. Perry

Perry The best guy ever

Naaaaaaaaaah.

I'll go buttfuck Wurm Online quietly in the corner until GW2 comes out.

13. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Definitely getting this game

14. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

Comparison:
    [youtube]ty16K9fispk[/youtube]

15. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

I want it, but they've pretty much said "We don't care about PvP, it's a PvE game" in basically those words, so we'll see. Blizzard mentality though, WoW as well they are completely ignorant of their PvP playerbase.

Money AH doesn't matter really, I might buy the odd thing but nothing excessive, D2s economy was run entirely by 3rd parties selling the items for money, Blizzard are just cashing in on it for the next title. Although yeah we'll see a lot of bots I expect, hopefully they clamp down hard enough.