F1 Menu

Discussion in 'Trouble in Terrorist Town' started by Xandrah2, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Xandrah2

Xandrah2 Fear me puny humans!

You should make the F1 menu start open at least when someone joins, or possibly every map change, and move the guidelines to the top and in big bolded letters have:

"DON'T ASK PEOPLE WHY THEY ARE HURT."

Seriously, it's stupid, and leads to more RDM than the actual RDMers. Also, add something about "Why are you alone?" Because it's a pretty obvious answer, if someone's hiding alone, it's because they don't want the mob of trigger happy retards shooting them to death for breathing too much or too little.

2. Elk

Elk ecology enthusiast

Oh, and standing still. That was one I got quite a lot tonight.
    George and I often stood still because we were together and just watching the others, and apparently that's "suspicious", and got killed a few times because of it.
    But yes, "Why are you hurt?" is the most annoying thing in the world. B|

3. Cwivey

Cwivey See-wivey!

Indeed, but what can you expect from 70% of the people who join TTT? I mean, they all came from YouTube... :(

4. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

Call of Duty players from Youtube.

5. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Thing is, these are typical TTT questions that retards act because they somehow think they're Sherlock Holmes.
    They're not going to bother reading any rules, even if there's a cooldown forcing them to.

Unless you can think of a better viable way.

6. Elk

Elk ecology enthusiast

I wish there was a way to NOT lose karma for killing people that ask stupid questions and/or shoot at you for said stupid reasons.
    A girl can dream. q-q
    Not that it matters, Xandrah handles them all the time and just rejoins when his karma gets low. :9

7. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Varies, sometimes I see his karma at like 600 and he can be suitable to moderation like anyone else, at the admin's discretion.

8. Xandrah2

Hey, Teddi's gotten his Karma down so low that he's been kicked for it too, and he was actively trolling at the time. :p I generally just shoot the people who ask those questions before they shoot me.

9. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Yeah you got pretty low but generally each kill was the awful people being stupid so it was let slide.

10. Xandrah2

Like I said, I generally only shoot people who are either traitors, ask me a question that makes it seem like they're going to shoot me if they don't like my answer, or killed an innocent.

11. Sleepydragn1

Sleepydragn1 Serious Business Since 08

I don't really see any problem with the question itself. Sure, it's not a very accurate or effective way to weed out traitors, but if you're all standing around doing nothing, why not try? It's possible that you might get some information off of them, or that you might be able to detect some sort of trepidation. At the very least, it could help you to preliminarily determine suspicious players/behaviors.

I do, however, see a problem with people RDMing others due to their responses to the question/their health. Obviously, that's not an acceptable practice.

12. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Anyone that is innocent has every right to stand around and do nothing. The issue is they ask the question repeatedly and then use it as a lame reason to attack you.
    It's a terrible question that has terrible consequences.