Garrett[PvtJoker]Herrington

Discussion in 'Complaints & Appeals' started by Craig, Jul 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Craig

Craig New Member

Last night, PvtJoker decided to make some sort of vehicle thing. It was just a blast door with a ton of chairs on it. He took the gravity off of it and sent it flying up into the air, and in the process killed a few people. If you watch the demo, you can see that even before he launches it into the air he prop kills someone that gets out of a chair.

Here is a RapidShare of the demo:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/129437490/p ... 1.dem.html

No doubt some other people will post screenshots, but the demo is more than enough evidence.

Edit: Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:15059867
    [attachment=0:2tsuna85]rp_c18_v10060.jpg[/attachment:2tsuna85]

2. Chadvader115

Chadvader115 New Member

Uhhh, why can't you upload it with photobucket or something, I hate downloading files from rapidshare.

3. Craig

Craig New Member

The file is only 3.5 MB, I don't see the problem.

4. TitzyMeow

TitzyMeow New Member

Here's screenies of it. [BB]BlackDog and I were both there watching too, I even went up to him and told him to delete it and he wouldn't. (Later I found out Ted was taking a Demo of it so it was okay that Garrett didn't stop.)

5. limilim

limilim Active Member

That is not fair tools made a spaceship thing and he didn't get banned.

6. Sasafrasquatch7

Sasafrasquatch7 Member

I deleted that as soon as you asked me to.

7. Sasafrasquatch7

Sasafrasquatch7 Member

Everybody who was involved was having fun and knew what they were getting into when they boarded the vessal. I deleted it as soon as you asked me to. I'm sure that if you asked the people who were on it that they didn't mind dying because they had fun. I'm sorry for building this but people were asking me to and I thought it would be nice to let them have fun. I don't deny doing any of this except I did delete it imediatly.

8. TitzyMeow

TitzyMeow New Member

Uhhh no, I asked you too then Ted PM'd me and told me to let it go because he was making a demo of it. So I walked away from you and that's when you launched it.

9. Sasafrasquatch7

Sasafrasquatch7 Member

10. Chadvader115

Chadvader115 New Member

I see admins and other make useless stuff all the time. Nothing never happens, and I don't see rules against it.

11. Robert Benson

Robert Benson Ze Captain

I see admins do stuff all the time as well... but as long as someone is "having fun" then they say its A-OKAY for them to do it. If any posts a ban request, its "Ruining fun."

12. BlackDog

BlackDog FUMUKU, shall rise again

As usless as some of the things an admin may make, this specific thing did break a rule, its a form of Prop Surfing and pushing. "Surfing for useing a prop to reach areas not reachable by legit level designed means, and pushing as it involved multiple people being moved by the prop which resulted in all of their deaths in the end"

13. Chadvader115

Chadvader115 New Member

All they were doing is riding it. So wouldn't everyone on it get in trouble for prop surfing?

14. TitzyMeow

TitzyMeow New Member

I personally never make any flying objects or things against the rules...yes, sadly I have seen admins make things that aren't allowed but the only time I've seen that is when there are barely any people on the server. If I see another admin making those things I ask them to delete it and they do. Also the last time I saw that was a looong time ago.

Also look at what BlackDog just said, everything about that object was against the rules. He even disobeyed me, because I did ask him to delete it.

@ chad: No, because they did not make the object, or know it would kill them...which they should've known. If any of those people went and made one, then yes they would get in trouble.

|
    |
    |
    V

15. BlackDog

No just the person who created the means to "surf" in the first place would be punished in a case like this, as everyone rideing its names cannot be seen, nor could they be found out as they all died in the end and respawned around the map, which would have made finding them pretty much a waste of time

16. Sasafrasquatch7

Sasafrasquatch7 Member

I'm not tryin to cheese anybody off right now but by the logic Blackdog and Titzymeow have provided us then it would be ok to build a bridge over some one's wall for your friends to climb over and get into their base. :-\

17. TitzyMeow

TitzyMeow New Member

Hey...why don't you stop trying to take the blame off of yourself doing something bad and against the rules. That would be smart.

18. BlackDog

Actualy no, that would be prop CLIMBING, an alternative to surfing, if the prop is made by another player for the purpose of gaining access to an area they cant get to owned by another player or group, it would fall under this, IF! however the props were World owned, then this would not apply, BUT! all world props are no longer existant on the servers as they were removed to reduce RSO's

19. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Actually I rarely make random floating crap, also a rule I like to enforce;

#. This isn't a build server. If you build something i.e. rockets, rides, expect it to be removed and a possible kick. Admins are allowed to build more than normal players, it's in the rules.

I'll watch the demo in abit and he'll be banned for 1.5 hours for every prop kill, 2 hours for prop surfing and 5 hours for disobeying admins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.