Guy using autohop script

Discussion in 'Complaints & Appeals' started by CrystalCastles, Jun 17, 2016.

1. CrystalCastles

CrystalCastles Active Member

# 5262 "{LBRP}łìttłëBÎGłøvęrX" STEAM_0:1:73412512 05:27 48 0 active
    We told him he could possibly get banned for it and that's when he said "Do it nigga" after bragging about what else his "cheat" can do 20160617032545_1.jpg

2. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Unfortunately this isn't really proof enough - and a number of people are currently being detected using some clientside autohop scripts. We've not yet decided what we're going to do with them.

3. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Yeah guess it depends if he actually had one, wouldn't be first time people claim to hack hacks/bots for attention and never end up having anything, it's still a dumb thing to say though. I think in that situation an Admin would have to keep an eye on them and go from there.

4. CrystalCastles

Yeah I can't say for sure. But he did bring it up himself and he also used the console to talk in chat and then joked about the server not having any server protection. He did that before claiming he was using a cheat, that convinced me that he may not be bluffing. But I certainly understand why you would want more solid evidence and I really only have anecdotal evidence. I'll be sure to relay to an admin if one isn't on and anyone else convinced me that they may have cheats rather than post about it next time. Thanks for the info guys.

5. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Anyone can use the console to talk in chat, literally "say <messagehere>" will use that. If you mean "Console: Yadayada" that can happen if your client has not yet synced up to his player object which is a Source thing and can't be used in any harmful way.

Honestly he just sounds like some skid that visits one of the popular forums to download horsecrap.

6. CrystalCastles

Oh okay, I don't know anything about that stuff lol. Good to know though, one time someone in the server did that to creep me out and now I know it wasn't nearly as creepy as I thought.