I got muted/ballpitted for 60 days, not sure why

Discussion in 'Complaints & Appeals' started by Shut up Eric, Jun 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shut up Eric

Shut up Eric New Member

So got on the server today and apparently I have been muted and ballpitted for 60 days?
    I have no clue what I did but I'm sure it wasn't worth 60 days of punishment. I assume it was a mistake but if not I really don't know what I did to deserve this punishment, could I get an explanation as to why?
    The punishment numbers are 10033 and 10034

2. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Essentially it's due to continued harassment. You insist on annoying the shit out of people, especially when told to stop (E.G. I told you last night to stop messaging / bypassing the system to annoy Sad). As you're purposely making attempts to circumvent the system and get people to annoy Sad, I've decided you don't really deserve the ability to talk to people for the next couple of months.

3. Shut up Eric

Shut up Eric New Member

I understand what you mean and I should have not kept annoying Sad, but you have to see my side of the situation, I kept seeing Sad pick on people for absolutely no reason, and I know people will back me up on this. My main goal is to try to make him stop harassing people and standing up for people, though I probably took it too far. I totally understand you punishing me, thats fair, but the length of the punishment seems way too much. A punishment of a week or something seems reasonable so that I can learn my lesson, but you have to admit 2 months worth of preventing me from saying anything on the server seems a bit harsh don't you think?

4. Teddi

Realistically you're both as bad as each other and both did some incredibly dumb shit so I'm not really understanding how you attempting to White Knight for people construes or justifies your actions realistically. Hell, you're not even suggesting a hint of remorse in your reply which just shows how you're attempting to justify it and not see it objectively. Furthering that I've seen you annoy the shit out of other people as well; exhibiting the same behaviour Sad has to other people which is just laughably hypocritical. I toyed with the idea of reducing the punishments to 1 month each - but honestly I don't see that being beneficial to anyone.

If you see people being abusive or causing issues - report it via the forums or contact an Admin as opposed to this weird form of vigilantism.

5. Shut up Eric

Shut up Eric New Member

I guess the main difference is that I was trying to do it to make the server a better place by stopping Sad from pointlessly insulting people. I know I've been a dick to some people but its always been in a joking way and I'm not actually trying to hurt peoples feelings. I can stop doing it, it just seems like thats the culture of the server to kinda joke around a lot. Like I said earlier, I would request the mute be shortened because 2 months seems like way too much considering how often I play on the server, though I agree I do deserve a punishment for my actions, just this punishment doesn't seem right to me.

6. Teddi

You're still missing the point, "it's just a prank bro".

|Sneaks| likes this.
  7. Shut up Eric

Shut up Eric New Member

What do you mean? I never said it was a prank or anything like that, I've always joked around in a friendly way and it seems unfair to use that against me. Also was Sad the one who reported me and told you what happened and gave you proof? I feel like he may have spread a lot of misinformation about what actually happened.

8. Teddi

To spell it out, you're attempting to justify your own idiocy (twice now!) by using the "I'm defending people" reason - which is dumb. I've stated before that Admins / reporting it is the best way forwards. I'm not using your 'joking' against you (although gosh knows how many people have been annoyed with you constantly using the same ran-in-to-the-ground joke over and over). All this information was gleaned from the chatlogs after I received news last night some sort of event had gone down - and to clarify, Sad has no hand in this whatsoever; so please don't go attempting a straw-man here.

9. Shut up Eric

Shut up Eric New Member

Alright, I understand what you mean, it doesn't seem fair to mention my "idiocy" and how in your opinion my jokes are overused when I'm trying to have a fair and mature discussion here. I wasn't attempting to use Sad as a scapegoat, I was just curious at who or why someone had a problem with me, which it just seems like Sad and you apparently. All I'm saying is that I am willing to stop causing problems and asking that the punishment please be reduced because I'm sure many people would agree the punishment is a bit harsh.

10. Teddi

I decided it wasn't worth even attempting to be civil when essentially you admit zero fault and show zero remorse. You've clearly decided your actions were justified to which I disagree and the fact it's taken so much to be "willing" to stop causing problems shows me this is long overdue. The punishment won't be reduced and the alternative would have been a ban off the server.

11. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Teddi doesn't have a problem with you, the issue isn't personal. Some people mentioned last night there was an issue, and looking at logs you circumvented the ignore tool to harrass Sad, asking other people to message him for you when he clearly didn't want to talk to you. We have to make sure that such tools are respected and adhered to, and those helping circumvent them to harrass people will be muted as well. While we're a relaxed server, we've also seen a lot in 10 years, and while I'm very tolerant myself, group bullying/riling up people to target someone won't be tolerated.

With that said we ofcourse acknowledge Sad isn't perfect; he was muted on the night as well and has a lengthy history, and may have a long mute coming his way as well (if he returns). Ultimately the duration of your punishment is up to Teddi, I gave him my opinions on it.

Locking this, and can be discussed in PM between you if needed, otherwise you just end up with derailments and ultimately flamewars in public.

12. Teddi

Just to tag on to Kaiden's comment - I really don't have a problem with anyone. All I want at the end of the day is to avoid any issues within the server community and this as it stands is the best method for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.