Kytons BBuild Moderator app ROUND 2!

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Kyton, Jul 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyton

Kyton New Member

Since not a whole lot has changed theres no point in slapping out an entirely new app, i have now invested a lot more time into the server im applying for and gotten to know the people there pretty well.

Name: Kyton, mike, whichever you'd prefer really.
    Why you believe you should have [BB]uild moderator status:

I believe i should have moderator status because i have seen a ridiculous amount of griefing when no mods are on the build server, which is most of the time. I am pretty active on that server usually on at least once a day, I can deal effectively with difficult people and would like the ability to stop peoples hard work being ruined by some guy who thinks its funny to smack peoples props with various objects, spawn 200 balloons/thrusters for no reason other than to cause lag, ect.

While i typically do not allow people to duplicate my work when they request it i do tend to teach people how to build better contraptions. Even though its a non admin status most clients look at mods as a role model,i would like a chance to teach, learn, and help keep the peace when unruly clients appear, wether it be a warning, or blacklisting.
    I am finding myself asking overlord or even Teddi to deal with griefers almost daily, which is unfair to them when they are trying to Do other things.

2. Overlord

Overlord lolz to can't say @dmin

I notice Kyton on the server alot I think he'd be a good moderator just to deal with certian griefers. He is the most formative person to tell me on the problems on the server and gives proof of screenshotting any problems which anyone gives problems. Also Kyton seems old and responsible enough to be given moderator. No offence compare to other Pro's on the rank system he deserves to be promoted out of the others I know.

If I was in Kyton position I'd be dying to want Moderator to just sort out the server for myself. I understand there is'nt much other moderators on, I got my reason's just hard to build when I keep getting timed out or black and pink pixels are pissing me off. I get bored easily building. Ashman is doing well on monitoring BBuild better than me. I am pretty sure Ashman would recommend Kyton also to become a Moderator for BBuild.

3. Ashman

Ashman Member

he wouldnt be my first choice out of the users iv seen online, yesterdays display with kyton and 2 blacklisted users having a flame war over the chat makes me have second thoughts on the whole maturity thing, but im usually on the server, so i could keep an eye on him, i would say he deserves a chance, he seems to be on the server quite often, and is mature most of the time, definately deserves a chance

p.s come to me for griefers, im pretty much always online and not busy

4. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Can you enlighten me on the flame war?

5. Ashman

Ashman Member

i blacklisted 2 people on the server last night for prop spamming and prop pushing, after that they got angry, started spamming the chat, and generally being stupid and obnoxious in the chat and over voice, the usual stuff, usually these people are just ignored and they eventually leave, but kyton kept replying to them, in basically the same manner that they were, just making them madder and keeping them on the server

its a 1 time thing but i thought it was worth mentioning

6. Kyton

Kyton New Member

yeah i was trollin, one dude was throwin the biggest hissy fit ever over everything anyone spawned being laggy and began yelling at me and others over spawning pretty much anything because it was lagging him. eventually he set up a giant cube prop spawner and began spamming the entire map with them before being blacklisted and throwing a retarded amount of smack talk in every direction. i was already running with limited patience at the time so i started pretty much mocking him and his friend. its not something i do often nor is it something id do as a representative of bb servers purely because while i dont mind if people think poorly of me personally i do realize that as a moderator i would be setting a bad example for everyone associated therefore its a good idea to conduct myself in a professional manner, its sort of like the difference between at work/not at work in my mind.

i think most of it was really that he had the gall to tell everyone to stop spawning things as if he owned everything.

7. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

Don't feed the trolls. It's a simple rule. You seem like the type that would abuse their powers because of silly things. The last thing you would want to do is to troll or be an idiot whilst another admin is on and your app is still pending. You should really know better. From my outsiders point of view, you weren't trolling, your just trying to cover yourself up of feeding a troll. I mean we all do it, it's just if your going to be in a position of power you need to control your emotions and not get trolled so easily. You should have had better judgement.

8. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

As a moderator you should remain impartial, as well as if you're just a neutral player. The mere fact you pretty much say "I troll other players but I wouldn't if I'm a moderator" shows that you're probably not ready for moderator at this time - as we expect diligence from our players at all times, not if they're just given a position of power.

With that said, we appreciate you playing the server greatly and perhaps in the future you can make another application.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.