Kytons Moderator app

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Kyton, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyton

Kyton New Member

Name: Kyton, mike, whichever you'd prefer really.
    Why you believe you should have [BB]uild moderator status:

Now that my derpentine motion is over in the other app forum!
    I believe i should have moderator status because i have seen a ridiculous amount of griefing when no mods are on the build server, which is most of the time. I am pretty active on that server usually on at least once a day, I can deal effectively with difficult people and would like the ability to stop peoples hard work being ruined by some guy who thinks its funny to smack peoples props with various objects, spawn 200 balloons/thrusters for no reason other than to cause lag, ect.

While i typically do not allow people to duplicate my work when they request it i do tend to teach people how to build better contraptions. Even though its a non admin status most clients look at mods as a role model,i would like a chance to teach, learn, and help keep the peace when unruly clients appear, wether it be a warning, or blacklisting.
    I am finding myself asking overlord or even Teddi to deal with griefers almost daily, which is unfair to them when they are trying to Do other things.

Also, the game.

2. Ashman

Ashman Member

id say your ok, but you havent been around long, so i dont know you that well

and if theres griefers, and you dont want to bother overlord or teddi, bug me, im usually online, and usually on the server

3. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Lol, even I'm not a moderator, my guess is no but I haven't been on build to see you

4. Xandrah2

Xandrah2 Fear me puny humans!

4 posts at the time I'm reading this = no from me.

5. Mc Diddles

Mc Diddles <marquee><font size="3" color="blue">Justice Team<

Dammit Xandrah, as soon as I saw your post in this thread I brought my hopes up.

6. Xandrah2

I'm not going to waste my time with a giant ass post for this crap.

7. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

Anyone else miss the days when Xandrah would go all bitch mode on people?

Anyway, related: I've never seen the guy, but I rarely go on [BB] Build, so eh. I don't really know.

8. Kyton

Kyton New Member

i think its funny that i keep seeing "i dont know him so no" from people i never see in build. btw i was told to apply so yeah.

9. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

I miss Xandrah's bitching

10. Ashman

Ashman Member

theyre the bb regulars, you'd know that if you hung around the forum more, and you'd know them aswell, i never see half these people in build either

11. Kyton

Kyton New Member

i never said they werent.

12. Mc Diddles

Nah. Half of us just hang around the forums and vent. Its only when Teddi posts an announcement do we ever get on the server. Ashman (bless him) is the only one I ever really see on our servers.

Then again we've always had our golden days.

13. Xandrah2

I just don't have the time really to sit around and wait for people to be in it, and I haven't really had much inspiration to build lately, what with having a job and all now :p

Also I don't know who told you to apply, but if the reason you joined the forums was to post an admin/mod app then you shouldn't be one, really. It means you don't know the community or anything at all about BB really.

14. Overlord

Overlord lolz to can't say @dmin

It is not about fucking post quality, It is about time quality on the server. Fucking it is allways forum this forum that. As I don't see much other moderators on or admins or super admins. Because it is fair enough they want to play minecraft WoW, Skyrim in future. Guild Wars 2 and Farmville. It is fair enough some people descide to come and go if they want on the BB servers. I will give a yes to Kyton as he been playing not bad on the server.

15. Mc Diddles

GET OUT OF MY HEAD.

16. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

I realize this is a bit contradictory:

I think everyone should stop posting unrelated crap and let the application take its course.

17. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

All of you stop what you're doing. I've realised that this section needs a major overhaul in terms of what people do.

What I think Kyton is that you need to hang around somewhat and get to know the community better. I know you're on the server reguarly and you're certainly good at building. But to be qualified for it I believe (just to reiterate) you should hang around the forums more and get to know everyone else. Otherwise your applicaiton isn't half bad.

As for the rest of you, if you don't have a valid opinion, don't post. Shitposting isn't a valid reason to post either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.