McAfee fix for Aion update

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Beef4233, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Beef4233

Beef4233 Finish off with blush!

Hey me and kite where trying to update the new patch for Aion and we would always get a Trojan error. The trojan is called Artemis!0BDCEF6DBCF4 and it is a Flase Positive.

The fix for this can be found at http://na.aiononline.com/forums/welcome/view?articleID=1261&&commentPage=1.

For you lazy people, "same problem with McAfee here also, if you disable realtime scanning before you update you should have no problems after that, for those who dont know how. open McAfee security center click "Advabced Menu" in the bottom left corner, then "Configure" from the menu, click "Computer and Files" and in the right hand column hit the "Advanced" button, on the left hand of that screen is a list, click "Active Protection" and unclick the check box."

hope this helps untill this is cleared up by the devs.

Props goes to Lavishnu for finding this fix on the website. Have to give credit or BB could be in deep shit if they found this some how.

2. Dan

Dan Active Member

i have mcafee with no problems

3. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

lolwat, not really (at trouble thing). Anyhow, I don't use mcaffee. Nod32 ftw.

4. Dan

Dan Active Member

my college requires you to run Mcafee enterpise to log into the network/wireless VPN

5. Beef4233

Beef4233 Finish off with blush!

well i had problems and same with kite so just helping those if anyone has problems.