Parents Playing Games

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Overlord, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Overlord

Overlord lolz to can't say @dmin

Oh god had a interesting experience tonight. But such a shame my mother doesn't play any games anymore.

I was browsing amazon apps for the kindle fire and I noticed "The Walking Dead: Season 1" game was for free. I was like no way gotta see if it works. So I let my mother play it see if she'd like it. She couldn't kill the baby sitter and gave up.

Such a epic story game and it is heart breaking my mother couldn't get into the game.

My father's last game play ever was on the PS1 with tomb raider. But he couldn't handle the joy sticks on the PS2.

2. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

I think for most parents it's just a bit before their time really.

My dad loved playing Goldeneye / TWINE on the N64 and TS2 on the Gamecube but anything beyond that he hasn't played. Maybe due to lack of interest or just it's too challenging, hard to say.

3. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

I remember playing/watching GTA III with my dad when it first came out. I was 8! It took him a while to get used to the Analog Sticks but he got it eventually. Unfortunately he passed away not long after and my mum isn't interested in that sort of thing at all.

But my uncle is into computer and games. He enjoys mmos like WoW. Last time I saw him he was playing The Wolf Among Us so I asume he played and enjoyed The Walking Dead.

I do find it interesting how older people struggle to grasp some of the newer control schemes.

4. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

My father ended up enjoying Runescape (before EOC and that newer shit) and maxed out on the 126 level cap.

He also played every Ratchet & Clank game in the series to the end, but shows no interest in any other game series.

5. Perry

Perry The best guy ever

only game me and my dad ever played was Red Faction 2 on the PS2
    but we played it for hours straight every day after school