[PENDING]Cops keeping weapons they find.

Discussion in 'Server Rules' started by chewy1993, Oct 14, 2008.

1. chewy1993

chewy1993 Member

CPs shouldn't be able to keep the weapons they find/take from citizens for use when they are not a CP. To me, that is stealing.

Who the Rule would effect : Civil Protection, Overwatch

The Rule : CPs should destroy/ put the weapons they find into the nexus.

Why the Rule should be implemented : CPs have been keeping the weapons they find, and might sell them when they aren't a CP(AKA: Citizen). I've seen it before. I lost a weapon to the CPs and they said they keep them(It's fine that the confiscated it, but keeping it in there inventory is annoying. They are free guns to them when they are citizen.

Any problems the Rule may create/Conflicts with other rules? : None

Please make this a rule. I hate to see people getting weapons for free, because they are cops. In real life, do cops get to keep weapons they find to use for themselves-no.

2. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Re: Cops keeping weapons they find.

Cops shouldn't keep weapons. They should destroy them or take them to a evidence room.

3. chewy1993

chewy1993 Member

That is short for what I said. I had a chat log of one saying that he kept my pistol, but i lost it.

4. limilim

limilim Active Member

Post it then. Its not that bad. So a cop steals your weapon. You would loose it anyway. Also I don't think it matters if he takes your weapon. He could be a corrupt cp as long as he rps it out.

5. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Lol ya well I only read the title.

6. chewy1993

chewy1993 Member

The main problem is that they keep the weapon for Citizen use. They should have a CP inventory, not a combined one(no pun intended).

I'm fine with them taking them from you-thats perfectly fine, it's just that they think they own them, and that they can sell them.

7. jakethesnake

jakethesnake Pliers

They also have been dropping thier mp5's and keeping them, then rp killed themself and did it again. So when their citizen they can sell them all, counting the ones they stole. Also since they already have rp killed them self and cant do it again, they jump from the nexus bridge and keep doing that until their inventory is full, for citizen use.

8. limilim

limilim Active Member

Does it really matter? The cp are mature if you see them doing it report it. Beside the server is starting new. No more perm-cops until the update.

9. Cellular

Cellular New Member

Who was hoarding MP5s like that? That's metagaming! Also, to those that will call me a hypocrite (I've got a shitload of guns in my inventory :p), as an ESU unit, I had to be able to bring firepower to the table. But, I acquired my firearms through armory role play and the like, not cheating.

And on the topic of CPs selling firearms to citizens; that's just fucking wrong. Tell Tox or Kaiden who did it, and have them demoted. We don't need that mingebaggery.

10. Xandrah2

Xandrah2 Fear me puny humans!

Anyone in the CP group that takes your weapons and says something like, "I'm keeping this" would be kicked out of the group IF you had proof and brought it to Tox or Kaiden.

And if they try to sell it it's even worse.

as for corrupted cps...

NO. It doesn't work that way... Tox and Kaiden have both said that it is a no no.

And anyone who accuses me of doing things like this because I have a ton of shotguns, ammo, and guns in my inventory... I got those long before the update. So there.

11. jakethesnake

jakethesnake Pliers

They must of glitched it, I dont know what happend. I just saw random cp's walking behind walls and picking them up. Also i have broke into nexus (Shot the button) and found like 4 or 5 mp5's sitting on the ground, lol is that supposed to be funny?

12. Erogoan

Erogoan New Member

Simple way of resolving this:

Keep CP inventory, CP's are like Rebels, they NEED their inventory to carry crucial items to and from their objectives. EX: Probably a ration caravan, a group of CPs with large amounts of Rations to their objective. Same as rebels carrying Rations to their objective. The CPs should have an inventory.
    You guys whine so much because your weapon is taken, we;;, we whine too when we're dmed with no reason. We take your guns and we need inventory to store them until we get to the Nexus or until we destroy them. It's your fault for looking suspicious in the first place. f your staring down a Cp, they're going to freaking through you against a wall and search you. My suggestion: Look normal. Don't whine because you've just lost a gun because a CP searched you down because you stared down and the CP felt a threat from you. If they keep the gun, well, let them. You lost it and they earned it by silencing a future rebellion against the Combine. If you don't want to lose it because you're having fun sticking your finger's down your girl's barrel, then use OOC to say you love her too much.

And P.S.: Stop making so many CP block inventory pl0x! posts! It's annoying!

13. cpf

cpf <s>Heckler</s>

Well, most of the above post was totally off-topic :p
    IMO I think the CPs wouldn't be allowed to posses guns. Sure, you did earn it by (insert reason here), and you shouldn't whine.

14. Erogoan

Erogoan New Member

Admittedly, the post above is sort of off topic. But it covers points in other topics such as this.

15. Tools

Tools New Member

OH ya I horde every gun I get from citizens.
    I owned you so I take your treasure.

Blah

16. TheLawGiver

TheLawGiver New Member

I've avoided posting in this thread in the hope that someone (Erogoan) would answer it. Since this thing is still breathing I will give it the coup de grace. Fact is Civil Protection Officers aren't Police in the conventional way, the are free to indulge in a lot of things that Citizens cant such as Alcohol, Drugs, Sex, and weapons. CPs are rewarded with contraband in game. If I as a CP had the ability to impound weapons I would keep every last one and distribute it among everyone in the department as a reward. Don't try killing CPs and you wont lose your weapons.

17. Tools

Tools New Member

RAWR!!!!

Agreed

18. jakethesnake

jakethesnake Pliers

The first level in hl2, the guy near the window says, I thought you where a cop. Some citizens refer them as cop and not cp, but the rebels always yell cp.

19. Xandrah2

Xandrah2 Fear me puny humans!

Because their "metro police" but they're just a division of the Civil Protection... at least that's the reasoning I'd have.

20. Erogoan

Erogoan New Member

Sorry Lawgiver, I should of used more duck tape to cover the mouth. :(