Please with speedin up mah computer!! :(

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by LavaEagle, May 9, 2009.

1. LavaEagle

LavaEagle New Member

My computer was completely amazing before I caught a small virus that really screwed with everything and the only program that got rid of it was AVG ty.

NOD32 left a door open for the adware that was trying to sell me antispyware software

Only problem is I can't get my computer to speed back up again Idk what happend, I have a hunch that the virus might have limited the amount of RAM available to my computer or something but I ahve been all over things like:
    CCleaner
    AVG
    Adaware
    Aslogic
    Zonealarm
    PC Tuner
    Windows System Tools

And I still can't get it back up to speed! Please help! Without formatting!

Attached Files:

2. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

All of those are particuarly shit. AVG used to be good, but it went downhill pretty fast.

Only programs you'll ever need: NOD32, Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware.

3. LavaEagle

LavaEagle New Member

NOD32 let in the adware that started this whole thing, but ill try spybot S&D ad aware is good stuff, but everything wants to be in your start up folder very annoying

4. Teddi

Nod32 is AV. Unless you own the complete package. No offense intended here, but for someone who is trying to launch their own internet stuff, you're not too bright with basic protection knowledge.

5. LavaEagle

LavaEagle New Member

Well I had believed I had the basic components of protection.
    All I ever had that worked was:
    CCleaner
    Auslogics
    Zonealarm

I thought NOD32 would be better but I was wrong it was shit for me and compromised my computer.

6. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

AVG and Zone alarm security suite ftw

7. The Jerry

The Jerry Active Member

AVG is still pretty good in my opinion and I dl a lot of shit. Haven't had a virus in a few months now.

The easiest thing to do is roll back your computer, even if its a few days. Roll back to the day BEFORE you got the Virus, or when you started noticing it.

And Hi-Jacking viruses are the funnest to deal with btw, I had one that took over my entire desktop so if I clicked it sent me to the website, and blackmailed me into buying their product. I just rewound my pc and saved 60 bucks :d

EDIT: Most Hijacking viruses carry incorrect grammar in their lil-blackmails. a little notification appeared in my taskbar and Said

[ Looks Like You've caught a Virus! Proceed to this website to "Donload" and Register this Anti-Virus program in order to prevent further data loss! ]

Yes it did say "Donload"

8. Biff Johnston

Biff Johnston <MARQUEE><h1 style="color:Green">[BB] Grand Master

I use fsecure, it came with my ISP.

9. Shadow

Shadow New Member

This happened to me when I had my windows firewall on as well as my other fire wall...

10. limilim

limilim Active Member

I use avg pro.

11. Biff Johnston

Biff Johnston <MARQUEE><h1 style="color:Green">[BB] Grand Master

Didn't you read the DONT INSTALL TWO FIREWALLS warning that comes with every firewall.

12. LavaEagle

LavaEagle New Member

Zonealarm has never failed me nor has it ever let a virus in so I trust it completely, everyother time i let windows firewall or Nod32, Mcafee, or Norton I had soem sort of problem.

As for AVG, AVG is very good it caught the virus that no others could so its good.
    Though any ideas for getting back some speed??
    Ill try rolling back but its been a long time cause it just nwo got on my nerves.

13. Teddi

Right, sorry i was able to reply more throrough, i was in amsterdam.

• CCleaner - Shit, does nothing apart from look for dead keys or unused ones. Does nothing to affect your pc
    • AVG - Also shit, slow and shittier than shit.
    • Adaware - Is good.
    • Aslogic - If you mean Auslogics, I'll say now, and I'll remind you that programs that say they speed up your pc are a LIE. Only you can do it manually. A computer cannot see or think what is utter shit. It does what it's told to do.
    • Zonealarm - It's good at what it does, but it's over the top. You say you want speed? Drop that.
    • PC Tuner - Doesn't even work, isn't this supposed to be actual spyware?
    • Windows System Tools - Which ones?

Now, my point is this. If you say NOD32 let it in, then you probably only have the Anti Virus, and not the entire suite. This is what i meant about knowing your terminology, of which you mis-understood me. It looks for Viruses, not spyware. This is where spybot (clicky) comes in handy. Combine that with firefox addons - Adblock plus and Noscript.

I've not had a virus in two years since I had them. Now, go learn your terms correctly before you say something is utter shit. Nod32 is one of the most lightest security systems there is, while offering uber protection. Seriously. I have the entire package and it works like a dream.

14. Shadow

Shadow New Member

You expect ME to read warnings?

15. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

100% easy way to do it format. (i know you don't want to but,) Buy or get an External or extra internal hardrive, and transfer the crap over you need. then format. Trust me it doesn't take long to get back all the stuff you use. (I would know i think over the last 3-4 months i have formated 10+ times. Formatting is probably the most effective.

16. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Tune up Utilities ftw!

17. Sleepydragn1

Sleepydragn1 Serious Business Since 08

It doesn't matter how it got in (well, it does, but that's not the point of this thread), he wants help getting rid of it's effects.