[ACCEPTED] Seasonal Times Exclusion

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Jr6150, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jr6150

Jr6150 [BB] Admin Admin

Basically title, would be nice to be able to disable seasonal times if you want to give others a chance while going for all-times etc.

Lightning and Kaiden like this.
  2. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Shouldn't be too difficult really, @Killermon

3. Killermon

Killermon Hammer time!

Yeah, it shouldn't be too hard - we have a few options for this (in the few minutes i've thought about it):

1) You press a button, and you confirm to say you will be excluded for the entire season and can't be re-entered.
    2) You tick a tick box, and for the duration of that tick box, your new times will be excluded. You can untick at any time to re-enter

1) is better as it will deal with times retrospectively but means you have to re-press the button every season (albeit that is only every 3 months and I can add a notification)
    2) is better from the ease of use; but it does mean someone could re-enter themselves in the middle of the season, which may jar players.

I think option 1 is the best option at this point.

Also bare in mind that points are only calculated every 24 hours, so it would take that long for any change to your entry status to take effect.

4. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

The only problem with #1 is anyone can connect any point during the season and enter, so it seems jarring no matter what to exclude a player for the entire season. It's a self-imposed handicap given they're potentially losing time they could be otherwise using to get better seasonal times.

5. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Yeah a player might opt out for month one, but want to play competitively for month 2 and 3, be unable to and not play. I like the idea of allowing them to opt out though in some form.

Jr6150 and Lightning like this.
  6. Killermon

Killermon Hammer time!

This is on the server now, there is a check box in the settings to opt out. It will only remove future times, so if you really want historic times excluding, just post here and I will look into it.

Lightning, Jr6150 and Kaiden like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.