SUGGESTION: Keep structures on when people leave

Discussion in 'Stranded' started by chewy1993, Jul 24, 2009.

?

Allow for "Claiming" of structures/props after someone leaves?

1. YES!

72.2%
  2. NO!

27.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chewy1993

chewy1993 Member

All I ask for is a way to give or "claim" structures as your own if the person who made them left and hasn't joined back in a deadline. I was playing earlier and I had a power surge from a Tstorm. I felt bad because everyone was using my stuff and it disappeared. I think that they should be able to claim it as their own if I haven't joined back in 8 or so minutes.

It also goes the other way: I was playing and using someone else's structures when they left. They disappeared and I was left with nothing to build. In a real "Stranded" situation, if you had structures, they wouldn't die with a person, you'd claim them as yours. So, what do you think? Claim/Gift them function?

If it hasn't been claimed in say 2 minutes, then allow for removal. That's all I'm asking.

2. Sleepydragn1

Sleepydragn1 Serious Business Since 08

It's not that anyone wants the structures to disappear, the problem is that Prop Protection's rules make it so that when you leave a server, your props get cleaned up. It counts structures just like props, and cleans them up along with the rest of the junk. You would need to somehow "un-own" your props/structures manually for this to work, and Teddi would have to code this. However, Teddi is working on RP09, so he shouldn't be disturbed.

3. chewy1993

chewy1993 Member

If it's ASSmod, it should be simple to implement. It's plugin based. I removed the auto removal on my server, and nothing gets removed. I do this to keep the clients happy. If someone builds something, it's always cool to come back a day later and see it (assuming it doesn't crash from LUA class table filling).

4. jakethesnake

jakethesnake Pliers

I would like for them to stay. If you crash and you have lots of stuff, it all disapears.

5. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Or you could realize we are a little better at lua and know what the SPP code means (Although very poorly written)

6. Sleepydragn1

Yes, but I can bet your server doesn't get very many players. Eventually the server will start lagging if nothing gets removed. Specially when it comes plants.

I think Serious had a ASSMod ownership tool awhile back, but the problem with that is that only Platinum can use toolguns (and even if regular players could create them, that takes a long time).

7. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Can always emulate it, or make it into an SWep.

8. chewy1993

chewy1993 Member

Back in the days of Gmod9, there was a script that all you had to do is walk over to another's prop that had a floating X or some logo over it and hit E, and it'd be your's. Of course, Use is already taken up, but why not just the Physgun?

9. Sleepydragn1

Again, as I have already said, you would have to un-own it somehow. Once it's been unowned, PP would allow you to own the structure.

Physguns cannot be modified. However, as Whitefang said, a SWEP or command would work.

10. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

I can make something to modify it, but not yet.

11. chewy1993

chewy1993 Member

I know the non-LUA weapons can't be. However, you can make it hook right?

Also, Thanks Teddi; Don't hurry with RP09 though, your busy enough as it is!

12. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Stop stealing my ideas!

13. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Going to point out btw, this is already on Mantis as a PP related thing, so i'm going ot lock it. Any further suggestions on mantis plox as "feature"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.