TIMERLAND's sub-admin app

Discussion in 'Denied' started by TIMBERLAND, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIMBERLAND

TIMBERLAND New Member

[DENIED]TIMERLAND's sub-admin app

Name: Nick

Game Name: Bobby 'TIMERLAND' Brown (Can be shortened to Bobby Brown)

About Yourself: I'm a 16-year old gamer from Portland, Oregon who enjoys Role-Playing in GMOD. As well as playing GMOD, I also play Counter-Strike: Source in two leagues, and am ranked professionally. I am CEVO-P(Professional) and CAL-I(Invite). I've played Counter-Strike since beta 4, so that makes it about 6-7 years; about when my Dad showed me this new mod for Half-life.

I'm always very friendly, fair, and mature; I've never been in a position of power and abused it. I often choose the 'power' positions(CP, Police Chief, etc.) to demonstrate this quality. I always am swift in dealing with abuse that I see, and have NEVER been called someone who abuses their power. People sometimes ASK me to take their spot as CP, some have even told me to go for mayor! If someone ever makes a demote nomination for myself(e.g. I found the Mayors drug labs and he's angry) then I often do NOT get demoted. This level of respect for my 'power' position is a quality that a believe would be very valuable to an administration. Rarely, if someone is ever kicked or banned, you can rest assured that I have already taken all the necessary steps to stop the behavior before the action is produced. I'm on the server very often(I think I'm on for ALL the admins time zones!), always giving help(computer problems;server rule/roleplay questions;etc.) to people when they ask for it, and am very easy to talk to.

This also means respect, people respect me because I'm on their level, I'm not acting as their superior, nor am I acting as if I am above them, I'm simply a fellow player who wishes to make their experience better with my maturity. I care about each and every single person in this community, my only goal to better their time within the server. I walk with the players, not above them.

I also am a very fast typist as well as a very fast/comprehensive reader. I type an average of 110-115 WPM and have gotten the highest score in my High School for English/Reading Comprehension/OAKS(Oregon Assessment of Knowledge and Skills for Reading). This means I can respond quickly and easily to any question, mishap, or problem addressed to me within the server.

I feel that I would be a worthy asset to your administration.

Past Experience if any: I was a super-admin on NemesisRP (eatdamuffin was the server owner, now is at TnB) over the summer of '07. It was fun while it lasted, but eatdamuffin wanted to go to TnB with Rick (the creator of TnB script). I also did a little lua scripting for them (not much, I'm not NEAR as good as PC Camp).

Main Server you play on: [BB] Roleplay

Admin References
    :

1. George Miller
    2. Gene Hunt
    3. Grimm Methods

Use ulx: Yes.

On a side--but related--note: I honestly don't even think I'd need anything more than sub-admin. I rarely see anything that deserves more than a kick. And I often just ask the player to stop the behavior nicely, and they do it. People seem surprised when I tell them I'm not an admin.

Also, I'm very aware there are SEVERAL sub-admin apps open right now (probably due to the popularity of the server!) and am perfectly okay with waiting a while if need be. Thank you for your consideration.

2. [BB]Bob

[BB]Bob Active Member

One of the few times i have to say yes..

Your very helpful to the server the only complaint i have is you dont have a rp name

Other than that your great a big help youd be a great assest but im not a reference just a voice lol

3. [BB]Bob

[BB]Bob Active Member

One of the few times i have to say yes..

Your very helpful to the server the only complaint i have is you dont have a rp name

Other than that your great a big help youd be a great assest but im not a reference just a voice lol

4. Stanley Kowalski

Stanley Kowalski New Member

Useless sub vote: Yes.

5. Havoc

Havoc Member

From what ive read you seem capable, although i havent seen you ingame but thats because i havent been on lately.

Good luck.

6. TIMBERLAND

TIMBERLAND New Member

I appreciate and thank you for all of your positive support.

7. PC Camp

PC Camp New Member

COOL!

I feel special. :)

Are developers able to give a recommendation?

8. George

George Active Member

I give my Recommendation.
    Originally it was no but now You put accross an argument and you standed up and tried to fight for a position, it showed me you want this bad.

I say Yes.

PC Camp: No.

9. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

I'm not sure. :-\ I have to calculate the number of applications + current Admins we have with the requirement of another one..

10. TIMBERLAND

TIMBERLAND New Member

My argument in support of the "not-enough-admins-on" matter, is that, for example, what happened yesterday.

A player (Frosted Flakes, advanced player) arrested the entire server. He then went on to spam keypads and props, making the server crash. Now, I could've prevented this with simple kicks.

There were zero admins on at this time, not on steam, not on in the [BB] communtiy, not anywhere. The only thing I could do was ask PC Camp to come in and try to kick. He couldn't even connect(RSO due to prop spam). The server crashed; people lost money, their props, etc. This created a storm of complaints from players on the server. A big mess that could have been avoided.

Yeah, sure, I could've gotten ss's (I did) and posted a ban request. But you gotta ask yourself, would that solve the current issue? Would that have prevented a server crash? The shortest and simplest answer is: no. You need more admins on at those odd hours. Anything can happen.

Honestly, I'm not asking for "quantity over quality". I'm making a request for quality and appropriate quantity. There's no harm in that. There's no harm in having more resources available when problems arise. I don't think there can be too many admins. If each admin is carefully looked at and considered, and the right choice is made, then no harm is done. It creates another expendable resource in which that can help the community. And that's my goal. I want to help the community; not just gain a status.

Side-note: These attacks started @ around 11:33PM Western USA time.

11. Gene Hunt

Gene Hunt Member

Re: [REQUIRES SA]TIMERLAND's sub-admin app

Application is now Requires SA.

No-one post unless your a full admin or Ben.

12. [BB]Waddy

[BB]Waddy New Member

I say no, for the simple fact that we have alot of admins at the moment, i feel that we need to get rid of some of the people who are hardly ever on or are less skilled at being an admin, if some admins/sub-admins get removed then you can have my vote, but as it stands no.

13. [BB]Maxy125

[BB]Maxy125 New Member

lolwaddy no offence but ure never on :D

and i dunno if i shud give my ref or not u are a cool guy but we have loads of admins mabye if we loose some then mabye

14. Dan

Dan Active Member

Timerland is pretty cool and I think he will be a good SubAdmin

edit: Due to a new rule Full Admins can not ref untill they have 1 month of experience

15. eatdamuffin

eatdamuffin New Member

Interesting, I'm mentioned in this post. Cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.