Today's Quick Session

Discussion in 'Gaming and Tech' started by Corran, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Corran

Corran Active Member

My last few tries, I couldn't get past 420+FSB without instantly crashing. I decided to man up, and raise my VCore more. Lo and behold, it surpassed 420Mhz, but not by too much, and I got a successful SuperPi score without a BSOD. O-o (14s. Sorry, no screenie.)(VCore @ 1.624)

Cpu-Z Validation Link

2. Hydroxyl

Hydroxyl New Member

Nice. ;) How hot does it run?

3. Corran

Corran Active Member

HOT.

Lol. (Idle at like, 48-50C.)

4. Eddie Dorama

Eddie Dorama The Fail Man

I feel like overclocking my processor to 4ghz,just to show off.

5. Corran

Corran Active Member

DO IT. What processor do you have?

6. Eddie Dorama

Eddie Dorama The Fail Man

e4500. I'm gonna do it tomorrow.

7. Jamez5000

Jamez5000 New Member

Your Vcore is way to high and your going to do your CPU damage. When you raise your voltage that is the only way you can really do actually do hardware damage. It is also running very hot and I doubt you can run your computer for 24 hours stable without a crash and it reverting your settings to default (basically telling you, "the hell is wrong with you!"). I wouldn't suggest keeping it at that setting. Your Ram timings are also shit, even though you have 1:1 ratio it's not OCd to it's potential.

8. Corran

Corran Active Member

Yup. Those aren't my 24/7 settings. I'm not that crazy. ;p

I don't bother with my RAM anyways, generally becuase I don't have a damn clue how RAM timings work, lol. O-o

;)

9. Jamez5000

Jamez5000 New Member

Well, ram is a very CRUCIAL (zing!, my ram name) to a successfull OC. This could be what is holding you back. Ideally you want to have very low timings, which is the delay data is processed in the ram. CL4 timings are most common and what is what people generally aim for because it allows a stable OC at it's peak performance. CL4 is 4-4-4-12, which as you can see is way off from what you currently have. So your ram isn't really OCd at all and is infact worse than 5-5-5-15 which is pretty average ram timings for 800mhz ram. In order to successfully utilize CL4 timings, most manufacturers require the voltage to be increased to allow this and they will tell you how high their warranty will cover. My ram required +0.2v in order to successfully achieve the timings as it advertised. Be careful and double check though because all ram is different and check if it requires a voltage increase before doing it.