Weird Saving Issues

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Zeke, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Sometimes I'll get a java error, unsure if this is related, but it boots me from the server. However, today I joined, did some major construction on my island house and mined quite a bit...found my first 2 diamonds, etc. When I rejoined just a few hours later the stuff I had built today was mostly there, some of it had disappeared, but more weirdly is stuff I built several days ago disappeared...in fact, a whole section of my house. Not only that I find things in my inventory that I have not had for a while (such as a lava bucket that I used a few days ago), and yet things I recently added to my chest such as my diamonds are gone. I am completely confused as to what the hell is going on.

Other issues I've had are placing a block, and then trying to remove it yet it keeps reappearing on its own constantly, the only fix for this is to reconnect and remove the block.

EDIT: Somehow I was able to find the area where I found the two diamond ore blocks before. Except this time, on my way back to that area, entire tunnels that I had dug were gone, and yet some were still there, infact the passage to the area was blocked off, but my torches were still all over the place. This makes no sense, it seems to be partially saving things and rearranging the rest. The diamonds were odd too, since they were located on the opposite wall, and the room they were in contained no lava, yet before it had lava.

What the fuck?

2. Mc Diddles

Mc Diddles <marquee><font size="3" color="blue">Justice Team<

Block is a lag issues. I get it all the time. As for the rest, thats what you get for not building near mine and Sin Vida's memorial. On a serious note it is the biggest mystery around BB. Me and my apprentice Sin Vida will slove this puzzle.

3. Sin Vida*

Sin Vida* Slayer of the Beast

Yes for I am at the moment digging for the source of this witchcraft.

4. Zeke

The missing blocks were exactly how they were several days ago before I built over it, so griefing is completely out of the question.

Also on a weird note, I'm sure this is due to Notch's coding on the official client wrapper...I was cutting down trees and three times in a row just picking up sprouts that dropped crashed the client. Right after that it crashed again, but I was cutting a tree down instead. I found this odd since I've never had the client even crash once.

5. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

It's like when my house was sliced in half, I had the save java error (probably) and when I rejoined stuff had been reverted. Last time Teddi said he did a failed restore to a previous point which resulted in only certain things being effected, but I didn't notice anything different with my stuff.

6. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

I haven't restored since that day. It could be from any number of things to be honest. Here's a few ideas;

A)Minecraft is primarily powered by the client. EG if you're banned on the sandbox server, any changes you do to the world, only you can see. It's possible that data is somehow being mixed up.
    B)It lets you build, and then saves what you build every x minutes (but this wouldn't explain blocks coming back)
    C)Somehow switching Admin mods screwed everything up (I can't see how, it's a fresh installation, apart from the map imported).
    D)The Admin mod we have is causing it.

7. Zeke

Some more stuff:

I noticed while moving stuff around in inventory sometimes the item flashes and doesn't come back. Definitely a java problem.

8. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Yeah, I've got a shovel which keeps replacing other diamond items, quite annoying really.