Whats wrong with my keyboard

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Biff Johnston, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Biff Johnston

Biff Johnston <MARQUEE><h1 style="color:Green">[BB] Grand Master

Randomly I cant use the keys on the right area of my keyboard ( the puncuation ones) when I try using them I get things like ^ç;èà,.é¨Ç:ÈÀ'"É , so i cant do periods or question marks and its really annoying, it used to only happen to me on gmod, now its happening all the time randomly, anyone know whats happening

2. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Press alt and shift together.

3. limilim

limilim Active Member

Yeah my keyboard is constantly moving my arrow keys to the right so I can't right anything.

4. Biff Johnston

Biff Johnston <MARQUEE><h1 style="color:Green">[BB] Grand Master

what the hell kind of stupid keyboard makes alt and shift change your keyboard layout, thanks for fixing my keyboard.

5. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

It means your keyboard is starting to die.

6. Maeve Keeva

Maeve Keeva Ban'd

Alt+Shift changes the "language" of your keyboard which I find perfectly retarded, sometimes all my ? become _. :D
    There should be a small box, bottom right that lists which ones you have installed.
    [​IMG]

Edit: It used to switch ever so often when I started steam or a steam game/tool.

7. Sleepydragn1

Sleepydragn1 Serious Business Since 08

He probably doesn't have those, as I don't think those weird symbols are a language. I had some, I un-installed em, and my friend had a Mandarin Chinese one I think, and it annoyed the heck out of him and me (but his mom wouldn't let him un-install it). When we would use Firefox, sometimes it would open these weird boxes instead of the chat that your trying to use, and whenever you tried typing, it would type Chinese into the box, and the only way to get it off your screen was to exit Firefox.

8. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

For some reason it's there to switch two languages, however it can't be unbound by conventional methods, so my "(2) often becomes @ which is on (')