Would anyone really need a gummy bear this big??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Killermon, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Killermon

Killermon Hammer time!

Forgive me if this has been posted before lol, but i stumbled across this whilst surfing the internet and really couldn't resist posting it :)

http://www.vat19.com/dvds/giant-gummy-b ... =FAILdec08

Here are the FAQ's at the bottom of the page:

Q: Is there nutrition information available for the GGB?
    A: Thank you for catching our oversight. The nutritional information has now been posted.

Q: Do you post to the uk?
    A: Yes, we ship all of our items, including the Giant Gummy Bear, worldwide.

Q: Is the Giant Gummy Bear on a Stick flammable. And if in flames, does it taste better?
    A: The makers of the Giant Gummy Bears have never attempted to light a Giant Gummy Bear on fire. We can't imagine that a flaming, melting Giant Gummy Bear would taste good. Besides, you'd burn your mouth and face, and that definitely wouldn't be good.

Q: are these the giant gummy bears seen in the icarly show? how long does it take to get to the buyer?
    A: We aren't sure which Giant Gummy Bears were on iCarly. Orders placed before 2:00 PM CST ship the same business day, so depending on the shipping option you choose, you could receive your Giant Gummy Bear by the next business day!

Q: How long does it take for the GGB to expire? How soon should I eat it for maximum freshness?
    A: The Giant Gummy Bears have a shelf life of about one year. For maximum freshness you should eat is as soon as it arrives! You know you want to.

Q: How good does it taste?
    A: You know how good a regular gummy bear tastes? Giant Gummy Bears taste 88 times as good as that.

Q: Will you be making other flavors available soon? I'd love to get one that is orange flavored! *drools*
    A: At this time, we don't have plans to sell additional flavors of the Giant Gummy Bears.

Q: I am allergic to "Blue 1" food dye, which is listed in the ingredients of the Giant Gummy Bears. I'm certain the blue and green ones include blue dye, but does the red one?
    A: We've contacted our manufacturer and they said the Red Giant Gummy Bear does not contain Blue #1 food dye. The Red bear contains Red #40 food dye.

Q: Congratulations on developing a giant mold for sugar. How hard was that?
    A: We're not the manufacturer, so we can't say how difficult the Giant Gummy Bear was to develop. They sure are delicious, though!

Q: Does the giant gummy bear have feelings? Will it hurt when I bite him?
    A: Of course not! The Giant Gummy Bear wants to be eaten!

Q: will this melt in route?
    A: No. The Giant Gummy Bear can easily withstand the trip to its new home. They've been shipped around the world without issue.

Q: Will the Giant Gummy bear need a passport to travel around the world
    A: He won't need a passport, but he will need any necessary customs forms and shipping labels.

Q: This snack idea is disgusting. Why do you hate Mexicans?
    A: Huh?

Q: Can I purchase the Giant Gummy Bear at a store or is it sold exclusively online? If it can be purchased in a store, which stores?
    A: We are not aware of any brick and mortar stores that carry the Giant Gummy Bear on a Stick.

Q: can you ship to new zealand? and for what cost?
    A: Yes, we can ship all of our products, including the Giant Gummy Bear, worldwide. Click the "Get Shipping Quote" link to get prices on shipping methods to New Zealand.

Q: If the Gummy bear has a shelf life of one year, then this can't be good for your internal organs, especially at such a colossal amount. Is it good for you? Can I eat them and just nothing else?
    A: The Giant Gummy Bear isn't the healthiest snack choice in the world, but what it lacks in nutritional value, it makes up for in awesomeness. No, you should not have a diet of only Giant Gummy Bears. Your stomach would hate you.

Q: Are these delicious bears vegetarian friendly?
    A: We're not vegetarians ourselves, so we're not 100% certain. However, the Giant Gummy Bear does contain gelatin, which is a product derived from animals. The ingredients are listed in the Nutritional Information section above.

Q: if a red gummy bear and a blue gummy bear have sex will they have a violet gummy bear child?
    A: Of course not. Their spawn would be a swirl.

Q: do the gummy bears have a tendency to fall off the stick?
    A: Never. The portability beam (aka the stick) goes almost all the way up to the bear's head.

Q: I'm a writer for the newspaper and I am writing an article about Giant Gummy Bears. Would you please send me a sample? Actually, would you send me one of each flavor? I like to be thorough. Thanks!
    A: Sure, no problem. Please send an email to [email protected] and we'll take care of it.

Q: the green ones look they had red on the inside. is that just the lighting, or was that just a mutant bear? or do all of them have the weird tint?
    A: The green Giant Gummy Bear does not have any red gummy inside. We don't sell any mutant gummy bears, so it is just the lighting in the photos.

Q: would a giant gummy bear make a good gift?
    A: Yes! You should buy one of these for every single person you know!

Q: do the green ones taste like lime or apple?
    A: The green is apple.

Q: Is the giant gummy bear a thicker consistency than the regular gummy bear? I have a hard time chewing and I'm afraid to buy one, and then not be able to eat it.
    A: No, the Giant Gummy Bear does not have a thicker consistency than regular gummy bears. Since you have a hard time chewing, you'll just need to take small bites.

Q: should I be Extra worried about 88 Times the stickyness???? also, i love Gummy Bears!!!!!!!!!!!yum.
    A: No, but you should be worried about 88 times the deliciousness--you may not be able to handle it! In all seriousness, the Giant Gummy Bear has the same properties as a regular gummy bear. It's no more or no less sticky.

Q: are they as gummy as a regular gummy bear or 88 times more gummy?
    A: The Giant Gummy Bear on a Stick tastes just like a regular, average-sized gummy bear.

Q: Where did the grand idea of a Giant Gummy Bear (on a stick) come from?
    A: From the mind of a genius.

Q: Would these be harmful to someone's rectum?
    A: Rectum? Nearly killed him! Sorry, couldn't resist.

Q: Can the Giant Gummy bear stop a bullet and if so how many? I would assume it stops roughly 88 times the bullets of a regular gummy bear, unless the portability beam aids bulletproofness.
    A: We'd love to say that the Giant Gummy Bear can stop bullets, create force fields, and levitate, but alas, it is merely a delicious candy treat. Sorry!

Q: Are giant gummy bears endangered by global warming????
    A: Extreme heat is not good for the Giant Gummy Bear species. Their population hasn't diminished due to global warming...yet.

Q: video: 8.5 g = 85 Gummy Bears.. Are your scientist on something?
    A: We're not completely sure what you mean, but I can assure you that the scientists in our video are 100% untrained. But, let's do some math anyway. One traditional gummy bear weighs about 1/10th of an ounce (actually, it's closer to 0.0965 ounces). A Giant Gummy Bear on a Stick weighs a little over half a pound (about 8.5 ounces). Eight and a half ounces divided by 0.0965 ounces per traditional gummy bear equals about 88 traditional gummy bears. If you don't feel like getting out your slide rule, that's OK. We've double-checked the math.

Q: How many licks does it take to get to the center of a giant gummy bear?
    A: One billion plus or minus a few licks. The Giant Gummy Bear on a Stick is not a lollipop, so licking isn't going to do the trick. You need to eat it!

Q: what other foods do you sell? Also, are you fat?
    A: We do not currently sell any other food or candy items. No, we are not fat. We are all chiseled like Michelangelo's David.

Q: Do 9 out of 10 proctologists approve of the gummy bear's portability beam? Does the 10th have a probe stuck up somewhere on the dark side of Uranus?
    A: Yes. Probably.

Q: WOW best idea i have ever seen! and if you wanted to could you melt a red and a blue one or something and re mold them into different colours?
    A: We suppose you could melt the Giant Gummy Bears, but we haven't tried it and we have no idea how it would taste or look.

Q: which part of it is the tastiest?
    A: The entire thing is delicious, however, the tastiest part is probably its belly where it is thickest and you get the most gummy per bite!

Q: What is the source of the Gelatin? I'm vegan & don't want to get it if it's from an animal source. Thanks!
    A: It is gluten free.

Q: I want to buy a Giant Gummy Bear as a present for my sister who has celiac's disease. Can you tell me whether any wheat, flour, or gluten is used during their making? Floured conveyor belts, etc.
    A: Our manufacturer has confirmed that these Giant Gummy Bears do not contain any wheat, flour, or gluten.

Q: is it...is it legal?
    A: You'd think it would be a crime to pack so much deliciousness into a portable piece of confection, but thankfully, the Giant Gummy Bear on a Stick is 100% street legal.

Q: If my gummy bear comes defective (with a bite in it), may I return it and get another one?
    A: The Giant Gummy Bear is awesome, but we at Vat19.com have enough restraint to not dip into our own supply.

Q: Do you guys ship these awesome Gummy-Bears-On-A-Stick to Canada? And if so, how long would they take to arrive?
    A: Yes, we ship the Giant Gummy Bears worldwide. Depending on the shipping method you choose, you could get them within a few days.

Q: Is it true it tastes the best if you bite off the head first?
    A: Not sure if it tastes better, but it's certainly a pretty awesome way to eat the Giant Gummy Bear.

Q: Do you offer any giant gummies in multi-color?
    A: No, we do not currently offer a multi-colored Giant Gummy Bear on a Stick.

Q: Do you guys sell Giant Gummy Bears in bulk?
    A: Yes! Call us at 1-800-476-1991 for more details.

Q: Have you considered producing a Giant Gummy Bear that is even larger than this one? Do you really think you'll be able to resist doing so? Are you prepared for the ramifications of such actions?!?
    A: Although it is tempting, we do not have any current plans to carry an even larger gummy bear.

Q: Hello, Is this product Gluten Free?
    A: Yes, the Giant Gummy Bear on a Stick is Gluten-free.

Q: Are you trying to make small gummy bears an endangered species? What kind of monsters are you? Signed the NSGBA. (National Small Gummy Bear Association)
    A: The Giant Gummy Bear does not feast on Small Gummy Bears. As far as we are aware, Small Gummy Bears are still thriving.

Q: Do the brilliant minds behind the GGB have any plans for an extra-large version of their tasty snack? I would be interested in purchasing an Enormous Giant Gummy Bear on a Pole.
    A: I don't think the Enormous Giant Gummy Bear on a Pole will ever be made...but we can't rule out the Gigantic Gummy Bear on a Spear.

Q: how did u make the green giant gummy bear?
    A: Our Giant Gummy Bear maker does not disclose the recipe.

Q: Is it real?
    A: Yes, it sure is.

Q: If you freeze a Giant gummy bear in liquid nitrogen would it be possible to safely eat it with a lawn mower?
    A: No, you can't safely eat anything with a lawn mower.

Q: Will the GGB be like those crappy, stale gummy bears that are dry and look whitish when you stretch them? or are they juicy, fresh and moist?
    A: These Giant Gummy Bears are not at all like some of the mass manufactured ones that are made overseas. These are handmade in the US and are fresh and juicy. No white stretch marks!

Q: I just got 3... now I'm wondering if I should expect something that tastes like a Black Forest gummy bear (the mold kinda looks the same) or a Trolli gummy bear. It better not be like a Brachs, bleh!
    A: Glad to hear you ordered some! We're confident they'll pass your taste test.

Q: What flavor is the red gummy bear? My husband is allergic to strawberries.
    A: The red Giant Gummy Bear is Cherry flavored. There is no strawberry in the ingredients.

Q: do u have any fun answering the nonsense questions including this one?
    A: Sometimes.

2. BlackDog

BlackDog FUMUKU, shall rise again

[attachment=0:ytrktm8u]giantgummio.jpg[/attachment:ytrktm8u]
    GUMMY!

3. Advantage

Advantage Some Old Guy

i wouldn't want a gummi bear like that

it would be cannibalism :eek:

4. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I want a green one I can bow down to and worship everyday. And I want specially made orange ones to ritually sacrifice them to the green king gummy.

5. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Anyone feel like buying me one?

6. Advantage

Advantage Some Old Guy

YOU CANNIBAL TEDDI
    NOOOO
    THINK OF THE POOR GUMMI BEAR

i might buy you one after xmas :D

7. cpf

cpf <s>Heckler</s>

They're a bargain at $10 a pop +s&h

8. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

DONT FORGET THE STICK!

9. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

WE CAN'T THEY DON'T HAVE ORANGE. TOO BAD.

10. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Buy me another colour then. Durr.

11. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

BUT THAT WOULDN'T BE ACCEPTABLE TO THE HARIBO GREEN KING TEDDI.