xbox live problems

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tom the A bomb, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Tom the A bomb

Tom the A bomb New Member

hey i everyone i got xbox live for my birthday i hooked all the stuff up to my xbox it picks up the connection fine BUT it says i have to type in a WEP code to get an ip adress for xbox live to work if i dont i wont be able to play it pleeeaaassee help!! :'(

2. Dan

Dan Active Member

If it needs a WEP code that means you are trying to connect to the internet wirelessly

To solve the problem try one of these

1. Connect the xbox directly to your modem / router via and ethrunet cable (Can buy one cheap at any store, be careful of overpirced cables!)

2. Be sure it is connecting to your router, the WEP Key(Wired Equivalent Privacy) is a password set by YOU(or parnet, brother, etc) in the router. It is so others can't cannect to your network without knowing the pass(this is your problem)

edit: i g2g when I get home ill finish telling you the fix

3. Tom the A bomb

Tom the A bomb New Member

i put in the WEP key but it still wouldnt find the ip address i have a ethearnet cable but i also have a xbox wireless usb network adapter ???

4. Dan

Dan Active Member

Ok are you sure you know what the correct WEP Key is?

What type of connection are you using? Wired is faster and more reliable but wireless is easier for most people who don't want to run a cable.

Once you are inside of you router chech to see if DHCP is enabled, if it is not asks whoever is in charge of your pc network if you may enable it. This will not effect your static IP's unless the start address is to close, ie, your static is 192.168.2.101, and you DHCP start is 1.100, you will have issues, make your static IP's nice and far away, my router auto assigns starting from 192.168.2.100, but my pc is 192.168.2.201

OR

Set up a static IP for your xbox360
    http://www.portforward.com/networking/s ... box360.htm

here is a picture of my router in which I have DHCP enabled for random pc's to log on, however all my pc's still have static IP's

5. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

192.168.2.1 is overrated. Dsldevice.lan FTW.