League Of Legends Official Player List

Discussion in 'Gaming and Tech' started by Zeke, May 3, 2011.

1. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

I play champs that are easy to learn because I suck like that.

2. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

So, I'm about to start playing LoL, any suggestions?

Didn't want to make my own thread, so revived this one.

3. Sleepydragn1

Sleepydragn1 Serious Business Since 08

Sleepydragn1 [US]

I'm not too good, and I only play occasionally.

4. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

Well, apparently whenever I start it, as in hit the "Play" button in the launcher, it closes the launcher, and does nothing. Ideas?

5. Zephyr1551

Zephyr1551 The Slayer of Bob

Look at the list of champions, find one that interests you, either spend money for him or save IP. Then proceed to play that champion nonstop until you are comfortable choosing a new one, or if you like to jump around like me.

New players have to learn the basics of LoL so picking a champion and sticking with him is a good way to do that.

PROTIP: the first champion I got good with was Anivia, even though she has a hard difficulty and I even spent Riot points on her.

6. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

Thanks Zephyr... But this is a little more pressing, you know, considering I can't play and all. So, anyone have any ideas here? Yes, I tried Running as Administrator, I tried restarting my computer, I tried "Repairing" the game from the settings menu in the launcher. Anyone else? I suppose I'll try a full reinstall tomorrow/when I get up tomorrow, but any other ideas considering that probably won't work?

7. Zephyr1551

I've had a similar error, where I would try to launch LoL and windows would load for a second and then nothing would happen. I had to re install the entire game by downloading the client again.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=51760

If it is a mysterious issue then you should consider just unistalling everything and reinstalling it. Probably will be the fastest way.

8. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

Well, I figured out what was wrong. For some reason, it can't install to Program Files. I figured this out due to browsing to the Riot Games\League of Legends\ folder in Program Files, only to find nothing there. So, apparently you have to install LoL on the root of the C drive, or it refuses to download. Still raises the interesting question of what the entire installation and patching processes were doing the entire time if they weren't actually downloading the game.

9. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

Stick to ranged champions at first, melee are a little hard for beginners. Play the 10 free champions for the week, try and find somebody your good with, and preferably a low ip cost and buy him, then play him until next week, see what champs you like next week, repeat. I have all champions but about 12, i'm only missing morde and rammus (but i have them on my other account) that are 3150 champs, the rest are 6300 champs. I also have close to 800 wins if you want me to teach you how to play.

10. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

Sure. That would be great. My name is King Cole 7 if that helps at all.

11. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[​IMG]

Supsup

Xerath is fun!

12. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

So... Do either of you want to teach me to play?

13. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

Well Whitey plays on EU where the dorans items stackers florish, so yeah, i guess i'll do it.

The only downside is that if you play with a level 30, you'll face way higher levels than you are, and your gonna be at a harder learning curve because the skill level is increased. Likewise if you play by yourself, you have no coaching and face smurfs who are prob level 30 on their main accounts.

14. sConed

sConed Member

What's your summoner name? Add me: sConed
    I'll help teach you too unless Bundt already taught you the basics.

But yeah I agree with what the others said, just look at the champions and figure out which type you like to play. I mainly stuck with supports and AP casters, and learned how to play other roles later on. I personally found them easier to play than AD champs. There's 10 different free champs that you can play for free every week, so you can always try new champs with different playstyles.
    If you're interested in casters/supports, my first two mains were Anivia and Zilean. I didn't find them incredibly difficult, and they have a pretty fun caster playstyle. Annie is also an easy caster that still does great burst and is still fun to play.

15. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

I found a friend willing to teach me the basics, but thanks.

16. Elk

Elk ecology enthusiast

I don't play much. Mostly because I don't have someone to play with.
    But I do believe my account name is Cakefrost. If not I'll just make another one or something.

17. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

Feel free to add me and pm me to play, I'll be glad to, I'm not at Bundt's level but I'm level 30 so.

18. Zephyr1551

I'll play with you guys. I own every champion except Xerath and Wuu Kong.

Feel free to add me
    Zephyr1551

19. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

Okay, so now I know the basics, and I really like Morgana. Any champion anyone wants to recommend for me? I like predominantly magic/distance with a small amount of actual close-quarter fighting. The name is King Cole 7 if anyone wants to add me.

20. sConed

sConed Member

Casters I personally loved playing and would recommend are Anivia, Annie, Lux, Orianna, and Zilean. But, if you are looking for casters that have small amounts of close-quarters combat, I'd look into Fiddlesticks, Karthus, Kassadin, Kennen, and Swain.