Port Forwarding!!!one!

Discussion in 'Gaming and Tech' started by Rockshell, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

Well you are being spoonfed, its ontopic.

2. Rockshell

Rockshell New Member

All that I'm saying is it still doesn't work, I'm following all of your directions to the point.

3. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

did you upgrade your linksys firmware?

4. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Welcome to the world of port forwarding, just cause it doesn't work doesn't mean it's wrong.

5. Rockshell

Rockshell New Member

I'm using my internet provider to forward the port, (clearwire corporation) and my linksys router is the one that has my local ip, I haven't upgraded it in years, so I'll try that, although I vaguely remember a pop-up of somesort that I disregarded said something about firmware.....

But I could be doing the whole thing wrong if there are different ports, WAN start and end, LAN start and end aren't all 25565

6. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Again, your router's local IP should NOT be the same as your computer's IP!!

7. Rockshell

Rockshell New Member

Ok, just to clarify, I need my public Ip (71,____) not my local, and have the DMZ active, and have the correct ports in a TCP connection.

Final question, and I'm not going to bother anyone again with this. All four of the ports are 25565 cause i have lan and wan start and finish. and also, DMZ is active, but is it the same as my public ip?

Attached Files:

8. Killermon

Killermon Hammer time!

I recommend you turn DMZ off. Otherwise all the security your router gives to that computer goes Kaput. If you have DMZ active, but the ports forwarded, you've opened up all the ports and blocked those you tried to forward, so try turning that off first - might be wrong with that one.

The DMZ will be your local IP, as what it effectively does is open all ports to that computer and blocks those you've forwarded. So forward the ports and turn DMZ off - if that doesn't work then unforward them and turn DMZ on and see if that works.

9. Rockshell

Rockshell New Member

Ok, so I just said screw it, i connected my internet directly to computer, and got the new ip, forwarded and now im playing with clive if you wanna come

Edit: its called rockshell's server >.<