Should i or should i not...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Pot Ducky, May 31, 2009.

1. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

Rebuy an Xbox 360. Had one before but sold it to pay for petrol, now i have no need for petrol and i have come into some money. i am planning on Buying a 360 and a new TV/Monitor.

I know a few of your have 360s and do you still think they are good?

If not, anyone got any other suggestions i should spend the money on. I want to spend around 400 pounds but if there is something really really worth it i can go up to about 800 Pounds.

Any ideas?

2. [BB]Bob

[BB]Bob Active Member

no upgrade your pc or something

3. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Upgrade your pc. Buy a blowup doll, 360's aren't worth it at all anymore. Or, if you really want a console, go for a PS3.

Or just give me your money

4. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

At the moment don't really need to upgrade my PC. I'll probably end up donating Some to BB, One thing is though i really want a new tv which has Freeview. And i would get a PS3 but all my mates have 360s so i can play it with them if i get a 360.

5. Robert Benson

Robert Benson Ze Captain

Get a 360, they are still great and some really good games are coming out for it this year. Don't buy a PS3 if your friends have 360s, it's better to play w/ friends on a console game over live, than it is to be alone and have to play with random people all over the place.

I still think the 360 is worth it, I use mine every day and weekend to play games with friends.

6. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

Aye, but i don't know, i sold my old one because i hardly ever used it because i was bored of the games and i just played on the computer. Although with some of the good new games out it will be better

7. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Get both of them

8. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

then i don't have enough for tv :p

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

and hat is kinda pointless. It's not whether to buy PS3 or Xbox it's whether to buy Xbox or something completely different :p

9. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Xbox then

10. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

11. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

Gonna talk to some mates at school first before i make my mind up :p But i think i may have 1400 pounds :S

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Uhm does anyone, (From GB) know whether Freeview will still work after the digital analog switch over thing?

12. Teddi

Yes, as Freeview is digital and is designed for the switchover.

Also, you had an Xbox. You got bored of it. Don't get one again, especially just cause your friends have one as that isn't a justifiabal reason. The PS3 has way better games, especially with MGS4 etc. If you really want a console, do that.

if you want more money, invest it in the stockmarket

13. [BB]Bob

[BB]Bob Active Member

DO
    NOT
    BUY
    A
    XBOX 360

14. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

I already have 5k Invested in the StockMarket and thats kinda plain sailing. Otherwise I agree the fact that i shouldn't get one just because my friends have them. :/ Hmm, if i were to upgrade my computer i may aswel upgrade everything, I need a new motherboard and i need will need a new Power Supply, then buy a new Gfx card, more ram. Its gonna be topping 300. may aswel get a new computer :p

15. Teddi

How is your stock portfolio atm? doing good? Bad?

Also, I would wait with the computer upgrading. Why? Windows 7 is literally around the corner, and I guarantee you all the manufacturers will suddenly churn out new everything for it. So I say dump the money in the bank, let it generate some money via interest, then upgrade everything at once with windows 7.

16. Erogoan

Erogoan New Member

Sleep on it a few days, make a list concerning pros and cons of all options.
    Or, invest in bear traps. We'll need them when the Gummy Bears take over the world. They've already spammed the poll a few days ago. Over 9,000 of them!

17. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

humf, i am bad at searching for new computer parts, they all seem the same :X

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

And Teddi my Stock so far isn't doing bad, It got Invested by The Royal Court so they have like the best Investor people who do it for you. So far i think if i was to sell now i would be +3000

18. Teddi

Not bad, hang in there with the stocks, as the market is currently rising, so i figure soon you could maybe sell for £10k+.

And like i said, wait a few months.

19. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

And yeah Erogoan im not gonna get my pay out for atleast a week or two so will have a while to think about it.

20. Dan

Dan Active Member

I still luv my xbox

Red faction comes out tomorrow I am buying :p

xbox 360 is more popular where I am, every1 has one. I don't like ps3.

Out of the big 3, Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft, I tihnk microsoft won this round

However the next winner is OnLive I bet!