Should i or should i not...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Pot Ducky, May 31, 2009.

1. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

Knowing me ill just end up Wheening it away on parties and random crap for computer :S

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

And yeah Xbox is probably most popular where i am aswel

2. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

It's only popular due to fanboys whom moved from the PS2 to the 360. As said, don't go just by your friends. I used to be an avid hater of the playerstation, ie supporting ninty more, however The wii is just a block of white crap, the 360 is the whiners league, however the ps3 simply aims for gaming, which is what consoles are all about.

3. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

Spose, but i really wanna play Forza 2 :p Not available on PS3 :p. And i got a wii and yeah they are a good idea but are plain shit

4. Dan

Dan Active Member

omg I moved from Ps2 to 360 :eek:

I feel my uniqueness melting away :<

5. Alexanderins

Alexanderins New Member

I would wait until E3 is done, that's how I would base my decision.

6. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

Meh, i did the same thing first time round XD

7. [BB]Bob

[BB]Bob Active Member

or you can donate 15 bucks to me =D

8. Robert Benson

Robert Benson Ze Captain

Teddi, I am sadly laughing at what you're saying about the PS3 and 360. The PS3 is aimed at gaming? is that so? is that why it contains the same things as a 360 other than the PS3 having a blu-ray player? I also don't see where you get at with the PS3 having better games. The only games I wish I could play, were Little Big Planet, and Killzone 2, nothing more on the PS3 peeked the interest of me.

Having played both the PS3 and 360 online, i haven't noticed much a difference between the amount of "whiners" on each console, it's really a choice of who you play with. There's also something called mute in the game, so if you don't like listening to someone, just hit that shiny button.

Anyways, back on-topic.

If the idea of upgrading your computer is strong, go with that. You probably use it a lot (like every day :p) and in the long run will be better.

9. [BB]Bob

[BB]Bob Active Member

or give me 15 bucks and i will love u 10x more and do stuff for you like

bj

10. Teddi

Just like DvD's are used for games, so are Blu-Ray. And look at what Microsoft have to offer for their X-bawks 360, the RRod, and every other game. It's shit. The community is shit. Also, the fact that with online, you need a friggen gold or whatever membership to do have the shit on there which is pathetic. He already had it, He sold it as he rarely used it and now he should try an alternative instead of going through a shitstorm again.

11. Robert Benson

Robert Benson Ze Captain

RRoD, big deal, that was some years ago and the rate of those consoles actually having it was far less than what it seemed like with people on the internet. The PS3 isn't so clean either, firmware updates bricking systems, doesn't seem too pure to me. Community can be looked at differently depending where you are for one, the people i play with are not bitching little kids, 90% of the people i play with are cool, relaxed people.

I'm not trying to argue a point of him buying another one, i'm trying to point out to you that your fanboy self towards the PS3 is dominant over you trying to prove a point. Yes the PS3 free internet use for games is nice, and i would enjoy that, but 50 bucks a year isn't really a hefty cost to play for the hours of enjoyment. PS3 and Xbox have good exclusives, all of which utilize everything the system they're on has to offer, but in no way is one better than the other when they're both "made to play games."

12. Dan

Dan Active Member

If your good at the game the TrueSkill ranking system will raise you above the lil kids too :D

13. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Every console has good games for them, so many haters for no reason.

OnLive is shit

14. Teddi

I'll point out now I don't own a PS3, and I've only touched it a few times, whereas I've played a 360 multiple times, and i own a wii. Would I personally buy one? No. I've moved on from consoles, I'm part of the PC genre now, and this I plan to stay. Therefore how can I be a fanboy if I'm not blindly defending it or going on about how it's the best thing ever.

True, I have promoted it quite a bit in this thread, however, looking at the two:

PS3
    Pros:

• More powerful
    • Has some of the biggest games from this year and last on it (killzone, MGS4 etc)
    • Has the network on.
    • It's something new, he has the cash to splash, so why not?
    • The community is better than the xbox 360's.
    • Higher quality
    • Free online
    Cons:

• More expensive
    • Less games
    • It did have problems early on.
    Xbox 360
    Pros:

• More games
    • Bigger community
    • Er..
    Cons:

• RRoD. This still does occur, one of my friends recently got an xbox himself to replace his first gen one that RRoD'd many times, and funnily enough, that RRoD'd on him :yay:
    • Known for an immature community
    • You have to pay for updates, even if they're free. E.g. the TF2 updates which are free for pc users, microsoft make you pay
    • Different subscriptions, and it's more than $50 here in the UK. It's like $100, which is still pathetic
    • It's old. Microsoft are literally selling out and come a year or so, it'll be defunct.
    • They sell different variations of consoles. At least the PS3 doesn't literally make a huge difference between a "flash card HDD" and an actual HDD.
    • He also had one before, and sold it.
    So yeah, some pointers there.

15. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

PS3 has free internet only cause they charge the developers of the games, which is why eventually a lot of the games go offline, go ahead try launching Resident Evil Outbreak on your ps2 or the original socom.

Anyways, Microsoft charges the players for online internet.

Also, updates are free, addons are not, like if you wanted more cars in Forza, they have packs you can pay for.

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

PS3

Pro

quieter

Con

Very shitty selection of avatars

Well, I don't feel like typing anything else.

16. Xandrah2

Xandrah2 Fear me puny humans!

Meh, the decision is up to you, depending on what types of games you like the PS3 may be better, or the 360 if you have a wide range of game types you like.

17. Dan

Dan Active Member

RIP Socom's 1 and 2

Also never bring the pay for online into an xbox argument, its 50 a year. Working at Mc Donalds you can make $50 in 2 days, and if your jobless, your parents pay!

and you have got to love the xbox live features, if you don't like some1, perma mute them, avoid them, block all comunications if there that bad(I have never had to do more than a mute on anyone, and thats cuz i don't like singers)

PS3 has what like 10 processors? No developer can even make a game that uses them all fully yet. and blue ray is going to die, its just not being accepted by developers....

Also Tf2 for the xbox was a dumb idea to begin with..TF2 should have been PC only

PS Zeke is dumb OnLive is the shit.

PSS The new blueray wii is ridiculous

18. [BB]Bob

[BB]Bob Active Member

the fanboys have spoken!

19. Overlord

Overlord lolz to can't say @dmin

Na don't buy waste of time

20. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Same for me. Although if I had got either console it would be a 360 (Although both my brothers already have 1 so we don't really need 3), for games like Fable etc, I can only really think of a couple of games I'd want to play on PS3!