So what would you like to see in RP?

Discussion in 'Server Chat / Updates' started by Teddi, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Starting a series that every week, I'll ask a random question.

So please be somewhat thoughtful and give a decent answer. What would you like to see in RP?

2. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

Economy, Factions, Companies, Various Items, Various Roles.

I'll maybe go into depth later.

3. Teddi

More depth required.

4. John Brown

Note; This is going to sound vague as shit, Feel free to yell at me.

Economy;

Though hard to control because its nothing but a videogame, but I feel that things such as weaponry and the like should be somewhat difficult to obtain, Not so bat shit hard that you'll see like ONE person with a gun every 3 hours, but enough so its not like we have every person and their dog running around with a AK-47. Not sure how you'd go about doing this but, just something that came up in my head.

Factions;

The more factions you have running around in the server, the more populated it'll become. Promote people starting their own groups, but make sure these groups aren't full of dumb asses who run around and shoot the living hell out of everything. These factions could range from your local street thug to your local religious group to your local street activist group. The more creativeness and events promoted by said groups/factions will keep people around, Aka, It shouldn't be like every other DarkRP server.

Companies;

Like you invisioned with Corporations, Have corps. that run small businesses to large businesses, Will create an economy and give chance for roleplay. Like I said about groups, hopefully companies will pop up that do, say, sell food or furniture or something. We don't' want EVERYONE selling guns and explosives.

Various Items;

Guns & Durgz shouldn't be the only items. Sorry to use PERP as an example but they took the item part of roleplay to a new level with crafting and such. Now I'm sure your going to say, "But John, Give me some ideas for items", Well at the moment I have none, But its something to think about, right?

Various Roles;

Once again, Not meaning to put PERP back into the picture but they introduced paramedics & firefighters. It was creative as hell, Now why can't we introduce something new and creative to add to a fun roleplaying experience. Once again, Not having any idea at the moment on what you could specifically add, But at least I'll say this and someone will come up with something.

Clothes & Hats;

Your thread about hats for the plat based gamemodes made me think of this one, Add more customization to your characters and give them a unique look for you, via hats and clothes maybe?

5. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Ferraris only for Zeke

6. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You're late, that's already in.

John, the problem with paramedics and stuff in PERP was that too many times, I'd just see people going hurr whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance instead of actually doing their virtual job. We're probably just going to make every item/weapon available for everyone, though not all as easily obtainable.

7. John Brown

Too true.

8. Xandrah2

Xandrah2 Fear me puny humans!

I personally would like to see more variety in weaponry, so that you have choices in how you kill people. I'm not just saying that I want more big guns, not that it wouldn't be cool, but I mean, even more pistols and small weaponry would be nice. This way it's not always, "Well, how do I kill this person? I guess I'll just use the AK or deagle as usual."

9. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

More ways for Bundt to use his african rp voice.

10. Teddi

Well, there's a few problems with this (this is quite handy this little QotW thing), realistically, how many weapons are there in the world, that are pistols / SMG's etc? We don't have the power or team to do a Goldeneye and say, make Klobbs and PZ-87's etc, at least not initially. The idea with guns anyhow is they're to take bit more of a background role with RP. Sure, guns add some flavour, but they really do detract from any real gameplay. The way they function has also somewhat been changed (not so point and click anymore).

11. Xandrah2

Well I mean, I'm not talking just guns here, I meant we could add other weapons, or if possible add ways to make objects throwable, and do some damage depending on what they are, like say a glass bottle would do a good amount, because it would shatter and glass would cut them.

12. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

Corporations/Companies:

Detail

(Exactly what was planned for rp09)

13. Zephyr1551

Zephyr1551 The Slayer of Bob

I would like to see a system that players can build up a reputation and actually be able to do things in game that a new person could not do. For example creating a corporation and being able to raise money to unlock new things. A system that rewards a player for continual game play and a way the players can interact in a way that makes the role play fun in both text and actual game play.

14. BlackDog

BlackDog FUMUKU, shall rise again

Id like to see the Keypad hackers come back, not much more i can say about this one really

15. Xandrah2

Oh, I know one. I'd like for less things to require donations. I mean, I know it's what keeps the servers up and all, but not being able to build stores and things out of props because you aren't donating monthly kinda sucks away the appeal, though I don't know if this was even part of the plan again like it was in RP08. I know it's not a build server, but still, people need to build things to RP some things. I know it's entirely possible to RP with literally nothing, but one of the good things about Gmod is that you get so many tools to RP with, it seems like it would take away some of the fun to take away tools.

Not that no tools should be restricted, or that people who donate should get nothing, just that in RP08 the differences were gigantic.

16. Mc Diddles

Mc Diddles <marquee><font size="3" color="blue">Justice Team<

No voting systems for cops. (unless its for mayor + police cheif). If they want to be part of the police they have to visit the police chief and be interviewed.

Also for it to come out this time.

17. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

RP08 was still massively popular at the time, Advanced would often build for non advanced anyway, maybe with the increase of RP servers offering free prop/tool use it won't work this time though.

18. John Brown

I like this one. And to add to that, You could have a restricted list of people who are allowed to make themselves Police Chief when no one has the position currently.

19. Teddi

The vote system is long gone. I can confirm that.

20. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

That admins don't have to pay for anything.... eh? eh?