Steam Account has been Disabled

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by King Cole, Sep 27, 2010.

1. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

Well, my Steam account is what you would call an "educational account", meaning I got it from my friend who is part of this corporate group that teaches people how to do Steam stuff. I don't really know much about this, all I know is that for the longest time, it could do anything a regular account could, except it had all the Source games already installed, free of cost (e.g. Half-Life 2 and all variations, GMod, TF/2, L4D/2, all CSS variations, DoD, and Portal). I used this account since 2008 (I had one before that, which I played on the original BB with a time or two), but it got VAC banned long ago because I got hacked or a friend guessed the password and got it banned. This account originally could buy new games, but about a month or so ago they made it so these educational accounts couldn't, and therefore I decided to send Steam Support a message on Sunday, playing dumb:
    https://support.steampowered.com/view.php?ticketref=1800-IAGZ-3166

By the time the person responded, they had disabled my account, and I'm pretty sure it's staying that way.

2. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

Oh no! You might have to.... PAY for a game!

"You're "shit-posting" right now (as Mr. George so kindly puts it) because you simply don't need to be posting here. This doesn't belong in Platinum Chat. It would go fine in Off-Topic because it simply doesn't make you look like a "post-whore" because you are boosting your "post-count" (enough vocabulary for you?) by posting in some place like Platinum Chat where Teddi still lets posts add to your count." -King Cole

Listen to your own advice.

3. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

We can't view your tickets.

Screen plz.

4. Mc Diddles

Mc Diddles <marquee><font size="3" color="blue">Justice Team<

That is the most stupidest shit I've ever hear.

Other then that. Post in offtopic as Bundt said.

5. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

http://yfrog.com/07steamticketp
    Sorry, didn't know you couldn't view Steam tickets. I know it was probably a mistake saying "An old friend gave me it," because, well, it isn't true, and also I read the rules after I said that.

Yeah... Bundt... You can go to hell. Unlike you, a 14 (or are you 15 now?) year old kid, I don't have the ability to use my mother's credit card, and I have a significant other to support. But yeah, thanks for your concern little buddy, I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

Attached Files:

6. Mc Diddles

Now thats just plain rude. And a tad funny.

7. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

lolundeadpatch.

These are not educational, and frankly you're dumb to willingly accept this from someone. You deserve the account loss. Enjoy legitly buying your games back.

8. limilim

limilim Active Member

[video=youtube;TcxpbhM0DaA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcxpbhM0DaA[/video]

9. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

Oh, you know how the account on the ticket ends in 89? There's over 400 I believe. And I didn't exactly accept it from someone... I kinda cracked the password and took it. But yeah. And the adjective form of "legit" is "legitimately" just saying.

10. Robert Benson

Robert Benson Ze Captain

You lost the account. Cool.

You have to actually buy your games now, even better.

Don't be pulling shit statements saying that you can't use your mom's credit card because you aren't 14 or 15, it doesn't fucking matter. You don't hold any special rights on life that say you can have any game you want for free just because you have a significant other. It's one thing lose an account, it's another to try and justify theft.

Anyways, have fun, good luck, go buy some stuff.

11. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Your story is changing. Also I could have easily told you that contacting steam support would end up getting this account banned. That's like just asking them to ban your account.

12. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

Yeah, I figured it was, but I wanted to buy new games.

13. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

In the process you sacrificed your entire library.

14. Xandrah2

Xandrah2 Fear me puny humans!

CONGRATULATIONS, you've just insulted a forum mod, BB full admin, and well respected community member, ALL IN ONE PERSON! And for this you've won, (at least) the dislike of any of our younger members, our admin team, and probably much much more!

I hope you enjoy your prizes, while you can't play games you didn't pay for in the first place, while whining about the aforementioned justice.

15. Mc Diddles

[​IMG]

This account is steam community banned meaning I cant play any VAC source games online. Luckly I can play all my games but I cannot talk to people on steam, edit my profile (other than profile name), add comments, join groups ect ect.

However I brought all 89 games with hard earned cash (and a few stolen credit cards from my sister) so complaining about an account YOU GOT FOR FREE. Then moaning at steam when you cannot buy games because your using someone's account is just plain idiotic.

At least I have the benfit of having a backup account with some games on before shit happened.

Anyway what I'm trying to say is "Deal with it."

16. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

"Enjoy legitamately buying your games back"
    Exactly the same as legitly.

Also, your story is pure rubbish and here's why: http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamID#Universes_Available_for_Steam_Accounts

If there was such an "education" profile, the ID would be three, with a unique SID (similar to that of a developers) and it wouldn't be in the live system, it would be within its own private network. Before you suggest steamworks, I advise you to read up on it and how developers can get into steamworks.

King Cole - STEAM_0:0:17209884 TYPE: Individual / Public.

Still sure you're wanting to continue with not being truthful?

17. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also bonus points for anyone that figures out where that quote is from (See Teddi's signature)

18. Mc Diddles

Whitefang

19. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

I can go to hell because I can pay for my own video games? Oh, i'm sorry you can't afford $35 for The Orange Box and Garry's Mod as an adult, must suck being you. I am 16 years old, and apparently much smarter than you "Mr.Adult" At least I know how to conserve money so I can buy my own video games and pay for my own shit. You have a significant other to support huh? If you can't afford video games why do you play them in the first place. Also, you made this thread to gain sympathy or something? You didn't ask for any input, you just said, hi guys, my free ride is over, feel bad for me.

LASTLY, you are mad at ME? for requoting what you previously said like two days ago? I really hope you are kidding... You got told, and you should accept it as an "adult" that you fucked up by putting it in platinum chat. Now I bet you are going to quit [BB] because we are all "little kids", have fun supporting your other, meanwhile you can't afford $35 for yourself, must be fun being you. Who's the little man now?

P.S. Nice car! How do you afford it?

20. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

Well, here are some screenshots of a couple different things (this is on a different account):

My library:
    http://img820.imageshack.us/i/libraryl.png/

My purchase history:
    http://img839.imageshack.us/i/historyw.png/

And finally, my attempt to buy a game:
    http://img822.imageshack.us/i/attempttobuy.png/

Not being untruthful.

Also, Bundt, no I'm most certainly not mad at you, simply finding you a tad annoying, also wasn't planning on quitting BB, did not start the thread for sympathy or any other crap. Just found it strange, and was wondering if anyone else knew anything about these so-called educational accounts. And I can afford the car because I have a job. Just because I can afford something doesn't mean I want to pay for it, and the account is fully legal.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the following in my library no longer are purchased: Audiosurf, CoD:MW2, Borderlands, and all Unreal Tournament games.